Orange Peel Cinnamon Rolls

campclose

I have had these and the flavor does mingle with the cinnamon and roll. I never made them but my friend has. They are really good! The kids helped make them too - it was very easy.

OutdoorMomma

I may not wait until we go camping again either. They sound really good and I may try them for Christmas morning. I might actually try a few different variations, I have a tone of cinnamon roll recipes.

ponderosa

I love to make orange rolls at home with lots of orange zest in the dough and the glaze, so if that orangey essence gets into the cinnamon rolls, it's probably very tasty.

Cappy

Hmmm, this has me thinking. I have a tree full of rikpe oranges and all winter to try using the rinds for cups. wonder what I could come up with??? They are big enough to hold a nice warm toddy too. would give ya rummy wassley warm drinks a good taste

carmen

As much as I dislike oranges I can not disagree here. Using orange peels as a cup might work but I have seen so many other things its just nutty. Did you know you can use them in your fridge to keep the smells down?

Cappy

Citrus peelin's are good for feeding my night crawlers in da compost 'heap'. I wonder if the fish notice a citrus flavor??:tinysmile_tongue_t:

Stargazer

The kids will love to have cinnamon rolls for breakfast when we go camping. This really looks like a fun recipe and sounds delicious too.

OutdoorMomma

As much as I dislike oranges I can not disagree here. Using orange peels as a cup might work but I have seen so many other things its just nutty. Did you know you can use them in your fridge to keep the smells down?
I didn't know that! I have seen a lot of camping recipes that use orange peels as cups, brownies, cinnamon rolls of course, cake, I've even seen someone use an orange cup to heat up chocolate chips and marshmallows. I might have to stick one in the fridge and see if it helps, I can't get rid of the onion smell!

Orange, lemon, and lime peels are great for getting rid of smells. I love them. For really tough smells, baking soda and a thorough scrub usually does the trick.

I'm definitely trying this orange roll recipe!

NatureGal

Yummy! Those look so delicious! Very simple too. I love anything orange flavored. Thanks for sharing! I will definitely have to try putting them together. They would be an especially nice addition to breakfast.

campingmom

I am going to suggest this one for my boys to make at Boy Scout camp. It looks like fun and something that all the boys can handle. Thank you for posting this.