Pop up Camper Air Conditioner

Wrangler95

I recently bought Coleman Roanoke pop up and I'm not sure but does anyone else have this camper.Does anyone know where it is a 20 amp or 30 amp air conditioner.My campers plug only fits the 5-20r or household on my generator.Thanks

Cappy

All of the roof top AC units on coleman and most small trailers will work on standard 20 amp house hold plugs
I do it all the time. What we do is only run AC and a few lights on AC and never had any trouble. Try it you should be fine and worse case it will just blow a breaker and no harm but I am 99% sure you should be ok. My last coleman was a big ole pop up and the Ac on the roof was a beast and we ran it on 20 amps no problem.

ppine

Forester
The standard RV a/c unit runs on 30 amps. You can run most smaller rvs on 20 amps if you do not use the A/C.

Cappy

I have owned 3 coleman pop ups, a shell on the b ack of a truck and now most recently a 18 ft ultra lite camper. All had AC on them remember me??? Below the 30th parallel and semi-tropical. All the AC's worked on 20 amps. Only recently have I blown a 20 amp breaker and that was with AC fridge, microwave tv external speakers cranked and several strings of pig and pit party lights on. If you keep to the basics and watch power use, you will NOT have a problem, and if you do overload it its a simple matter of clicking a breaker.

Theo

eyebp's mentor
Unless your camper has been modified, the plug that comes with it tells you what the max amperage your trailer can pull. A 20 amp plug won't fit in a 30 amp receptacle and vice versa. My last pop-up had roof top air and a 20 amp power cord.

Agfadoc

I run my Fleetwood popup ac off a yamaha 2400 generator which only has a 20a circuit. There are adapters to let you plug a 30 to a 20a. The AC is coleman mach something and takes every bit of the 2400 watts the generator puts out only on starting of the compressor. Once the ac is running I can use small appliances. Not many though. The generator is rated at 16a continuous, so the trick some people use is to replace older ac start capacitors with a smooth start capacitor if they run into problems.

Agfadoc

The actual ac cord inside the camper is a 20a cord. The cord coming out of tbe popup is a 30a and that powers the whole camper via the converter.