Another summer drowning...!!

Pathfinder1

Hi...

Hope this doesn't double post...!! Think I'm either having a computer problem, or got temporarly connected.

Anyway: things are pretty much the same for this time of the year. Another drowning in Greenwood Lake, near the N. J. border. a forty-year-old and three others were boating when thw 4forty-year-old jumped into the water from the bow of the boat and swan to the stern...and never surfaced. Divers found his body 5 hours later.

I don't think anyone aboard was wearing life jackets...!!

Grandpa

Tragic, been quite around here. Couple of hikers needed rescue but not a lot of deaths so far.

Pathfinder1

Hi...
Well, since it's 'the season' here...had another (fortunately) Delaware River survivor...no life jacket, of course. He was lucky this time. Just decided to jump out of their craft for a swim and ended up going rapidly downstream...mostly under water. He was finally able to signal for help...an unusual circumstance for someone who is drowning (they usually just go bobbing along until they disappear).

NBC.com reported a 23-year old local woman trying to get a picture in the Catskill Mountains at the edge of a cliff...fell over 150 feet to her death...!!

Bear Grylls (Bear who...?? ha, ha) and actor Zac Efron are on an "adventure filled trip in the wilds of the Catskill Mountains"...!!

Hikenhunter

Had an AT hiker get too close to the edge of the Pinnicle in Baerks county Pa. a couple weeks ago. The Pinnicle is the highest point in the coumty and the AT is located right near it so many people visit it each year. It's been a couple years since anyone has fallen off. The guy who fell dropped about 60 feet and rescue personel were dispatched. He was flown to Le High Valley hospital with several broken bones and life threatening injuries. Last I heard he was in stable condition. Guess he won't be getting to Kathadin this year.