Charity Tournaments for Kids

Laffeet

There is a charity fishing tournament for kids in our area. Our little company sponsors some of the kids and buys some supplies, too. A fishing rig might just be the best gift you can give a young person. I urge everyone to check if there are any fishing programs for kids in your area. Even your time and know-how are valuable.

jason

fear no beer
Our local Shriners puts on a fishing day for the children every year. I forget when it is, but The adults help bait and provide everything for the kids. It is not necessary for raising money but gives the chance to go fishing and they love it.

mamabear

What a great way to get kids involved. I applaud you both for the programs you support. So many of our kids live in single parent homes these days and any positive attention they can get from an adult is a big help.

JimW67

I am one of the coaches on my sons grade school basketball team and a friend and I do at least two fishing trips a year with the boys. Whether they catch a bunch of fish or none we try to make it an adventure. Stay safe and make it fun.

campclose

What a great suggestion. I know all of the kids in my family (cousins, etc.) fish. We did when we were younger. I think being outdoors is a great thing for all kids. I love the sound of this fishing derby!

Pathfinder1

Hi...

In our County the "Longbeards" (a part of the National Wild Turkey Federation) promotes hunting and fishing for younger people many times during the warmer months. Sometimes it's the only way some kids will see the outdoors in such a manner.

Google for more info.

lingengcong

Good luck with that ankle and thanks for that story. The best times and memories of my childhood are all about being out fishing, hunting, camping, or hiking with my dad and brother. I'm always glad to hear it when someone is passing it on to the next generation.
http://toppaintingswallart.com/