Bump!

oldsarge

I've noticed that things are moving kind of slowly on this new site, so I will give it a bump here to maybe get some kind of flow going again. I'm not for getting out in the outdoors to much any more between work and family issues, I miss it dearly. But I have been preoccupied with my son. He is starting second week at MCRD San Diego as a Marine recruit. All I can say is that I miss him more than anything, and pray to God that he succeeds and fulfills his goals. Kind of bummin right now, maybe I should lay off the Gin and tonics for a while. Maybe not, who knows...

Cappy

Let's face it Sarge we gettin' old. I just can't do like I usta. Don't meen ya gotta quit just adapt. So throwing 60 lbs on ya back and heading out sound like too much work?? Load it in ya jeep and go sit under a tree by a fishing hole for a few days. Bring ya gin, and remember we only go around once and we better enhoy it as long as we can cause its over far too fast.

oldsarge

Let's face it Sarge we gettin' old. I just can't do like I usta. Don't meen ya gotta quit just adapt. So throwing 60 lbs on ya back and heading out sound like too much work?? Load it in ya jeep and go sit under a tree by a fishing hole for a few days. Bring ya gin, and remember we only go around once and we better enhoy it as long as we can cause its over far too fast.
Thanks bother! it's people like you that make life great!

oldsarge

Not in a good way right now, way too many gin and tonics, too many thought s going on.

Bojib

I haven't had much to say on here lately either. My outdoors visits have been fairly limited this year.

We just moved from a rural area with plenty of free space and opportunity to be outside to a cramped little apartment right out in the suburbs. Money has been pretty tight for a bit, but we got the old house sold finally, so that will free up a little. Maybe I'll start getting the chance to get back outside more and have something to post about. Just not much to post about from the apartment complex right now.

Grandpa

My sympathy is with you Sarge. I know the worry of seeing a son go into the military in these trying times, yet it is a sense of pride that he made that decision. We mentor our kids growing up, enjoying their triumphs, and suffering with them through their failures. But there comes a time we have to accept our teaching is done and they are on their own. Your sons choice of serving his country reflects your own patriotic values. You should be proud of him. But I'm sure your son wants you to move on and continue with your own life. Save the gin for happy times, take a long walk to put the sadder times in perspective, and get on with enjoying the good things you have at hand, and ignoring the things you cannot change.

Hikenhunter

Hey sarge, This comes straight from my heart, Be proud of your son and of the values you have taught him. Pray for him every day and tell him how proud you are of him. I know what you are going thru as it is not so long ago that my own son went off to serve his country. Keep your head up and talk/write to him as often as you can. Let us know from time to time, how he is doing.