assault revolver?

Amanda R

Attachments

Grandpa

A common problem of late, a journalist who knows nothing about guns trying to make them sound bad again. Of course a revolver doesn't have a magazine. California has a ban on magazines over 10 rounds. Hence, a semi auto pistol with a 12 round magazine becomes an "assault weapon". I wonder what definition they give to a baseball bat to make it an assault weapon as more murders occur with a bat than a gun.

dinosaur

troublemaker
An "assault revolver with high capacity magazines". Wow! I know those California boys like to tinker with things but I had no idea they'd come up with something like that! And it must be true. I read it on the internet.

southerngal

Do these "journalists" not work for companies with teams of people who are responsible for nothing but research? It really seems as though they are dropping the ball on any story that is even remotely related to firearms.

Diver97

I can see how someone with limited mental capacity could be confused. An "Assault Rifle" is simply a rifle with two evil characteristics such as color ( black), a flash hider, a pistol grip, the ability to accept a magazine, or any other feature someone thinks is evil.
Most revolvers have pistol grips so if the one in question is black ( the evil color of firearms), would that not make it an assault revolver?
I have been foolishly buying stainless steel revolvers. I guess I need to go out and buy one of these "Assault Revolvers". I wonder if I can get it with a high capacity cylinder and in full
auto.;)

dinosaur

troublemaker
The only revolver I am aware of that was indeed magazine fed is the invention of Richard Gatling. The Gatling Gun, developed right here in Indiana, was a formidable weapon. It was a revolver. Its' many barrels revolved. And it was high capacity magazine fed. It has been adapted since the eighteen hundreds and is still in use today but it is belt fed now.

A good 'journalist' is required to be honest, possibly imparting their own opinions. However, in reporting, the 'journalist' is required to do research. This particular 'journalist' failed miserably.

Pathfinder1

The only revolver I am aware of that was indeed magazine fed is the invention of Richard Gatling. The Gatling Gun, developed right here in Indiana, was a formidable weapon. It was a revolver. Its' many barrels revolved. And it was high capacity magazine fed. It has been adapted since the eighteen hundreds and is still in use today but it is belt fed now.

Hi...
And the Gatling gun was held and fired with only one hand, right...!! LOL

A good 'journalist' is required to be honest, possibly imparting their own opinions. However, in reporting, the 'journalist' is required to do research. This particular 'journalist' failed miserably.