Open up those windows!

southerngal

We finally have weather that is cool enough to open up the windows and turn off the air conditioner. It's such a relief to finally get a little taste of the cooler weather to come. My air conditioner and my wallet appreciate the break. What's the weather like where you are?

Simplify

Finally dropping into the 90's in Phoenix.

Surprisingly, I don't use my air conditioner all that much. I usually only turn it on if I am having trouble getting to sleep. I never run it during the day time.

Spending a lot of time in the outdoors and bicycling to work every day got me acclimated to the heat very quickly after I moved here.

Grandpa

Our AC only goes on during the hottest afternoons in the summer. We have good cool air in the evenings and nights with the windows open. As for general weather, it has already dusted the higher elevations with snow. Had a few freezing nights and still hitting high 70's and low 80's on other days.

The weather is finally cooling here, too--upper seventies and low eighties. I love September and October--that's when my electric and gas bill drops the lowest.

jason

fear no beer
It is getting nice here, just had a cold front move it and it got into the mid 80's as a high. It has been great outside.

southerngal

I have actually been able to keep our windows open since I wrote this which is pretty surprising for here. It is actually getting a little chilly in the house today with them open because it is rainy and cool.

Woodland

It's been pretty cool here for the last month with maybe a few days of really warm weather. The trees are changing colors so the weather will probably stay cool now. It is a treat to be able to open the windows and let the fresh air in.

Rosepetals

Unfortunately, the weather is getting way too cold way too fast here. It is already sweater weather, nearing on jacket weather here. It only means it will get worse.

Simplify

I ride a bike to work and I always know the good cool weather is here when I get home from work and am not even thirsty from the ride.

HardyC

Living here in upstate New York, the weather all summer has been a little cooler than usual. This fall has been warm and then cool and then warm again. It has definitely affected how fast the trees have changed. Most of our foliage is past peak already and their calling for snow in the mountains on Sunday!

ppine

Forester
I just returned yesterday from camping in the local mountains. The highs were in the 40s and 20s at night. We kept a fire going all day in camp.

jason

fear no beer
We had the windows open for a few days last week. Sadly it is back up to high 80's but hopefully around the weekend it will be low 80's to open them again.