Have You Ever Gotten Lost?

Grandpa

Well I'm sure lost now. Finally got a new computer (and this isn't it) Windows 8.1 has me so totally confused I don't even know how to turn the durn thing on.

eco-lite

Flatlander
Well I'm sure lost now. Finally got a new computer (and this isn't it) Windows 8.1 has me so totally confused I don't even know how to turn the durn thing on.
Many Articles like this one:
Windows 8 destroyed PC sales
Biggest decline in 20 years

mccallum

I once heard of a guide that said when asked if the group was lost that said "We are not lost we are right here!" pointing at the ground. "The trail is lost though!"

HardyC

I have gotten lost before while hiking. It was when I was younger and very inexperienced. I can definitely say that I panicked when I realized that I had taken a wrong turn from the marked path. It had taken me a good three hours of back tracking to find the markers again. I let this be a lesson to try and stay on the marked paths, bring extra supplies, and now I always try to stay aware of my surroundings.

Wehan

I was rabbit hunting on Drummond Island. I was parked on a trail. I entered the woods heading West, the trail ran North/South. When I was ready to head back to my truck I headed East and figured I would come to the trail and then walk the trail to my truck. Little did I know the trail ended about a mile up from where I parked so as I headed East I walked right past the end of the trail and ended up quite a ways away from my truck. Luckily my hunting partner found his way back and began honking the horn when it started to get late. I was very lucky and invested in a German Etrex Legend shortly after.

Nature25

I have been known to get lost every so often. I get on the trail of some tracks in the woods or see some birds in the distance that I would like to photograph and I end up off course. Thankfully I never leave home without a compass and a GPS so that I know how to get back on the trail.

Laserwalk

Once i forgot the time while hiking. The sun came down, the way back was too long and then there was no light anymore. i didnt had a cellphone to call somebody, so i got into the forest, where i tried to found some sleep, it was very dark and had a bit of a horror-movie.

But everything was fine next morning. I woke up, walked out of the forest and was traveling home. It was a nice Experience, not really dangerous, but still nice.

Charlotte

We got lost on a mountain trail once. It was also getting close to dark. I have never been so scared in my life. I didn't want to get stuck on a mountain at night.