Halloween weekend!

SusieQ

I went to our local campground this weekend. Yesterday was Halloween weekend. They had a haunted house set up. I went in and was totally freaked out. It rained a little but the kids still had a ball. There were about 150 kids dressed up. They marched in a parade around the campground and then they trick-or-treated at campsites. We are going to go every year for Halloween weekend.

Nature25

That sounds like a lot of fun. I wonder if any campgrounds around my area do this. I don't have any children of my own, but I have a niece and I think she would love to do this. Sounds like a nice, safe place to do some trick-or-treating.

jason

fear no beer
One of our local parks does something for Halloween with their "cabins". I have yet to check it out with the kids though. We go to their Christmas lights celebration where we drive through the park with decorations, lights and music.

Pathfinder1

Hi...
That's a new one on me...haven't heard of any campgrounds in the Catskills doing this...would be nice if they did, though...!!

Some of our local Fire Departments have a Halloween Parade...involving local kids. The kids really enjoy it...!!

featherloosa

I believe the campground near me does a 'Haunted Trail" for the kids, where they walk through the woods with adults and listen to ghost stories on the way to a clearing where a nice little fall feast awaits them; caramel apples, smores, and a bucket full of candy. When I babysat my neighbor's kids, I took them to this and it was a blast.

Charlotte

A campground that we go to did a haunting forest type event. We went up and walked through it. I'm pretty sure I screamed like a little girl. I don't like being jumped out at like that.