Biking solo.

Rosepetals

How many of you bike solo? When I go on bike rides, I usually have someone with me to make it more enjoyable. I actually don't remember when the last time I went on a bike ride with just myself was.

Woodland

If I'm biking around my neighborhood I will go alone. If I'm biking trails I usually like another person with me since it makes me feel a little more secure if something happened.

Simplify

I bike solo all the time. Since moving to AZ I have really increased my distance on rides. I have been from Phoenix to Wickenburg and back 4 times, have been to black canyon city multiple times and took a 180 mile round trip to Camp Verde and back.

Again, like hiking, I prefer to bike solo because you don't have to worry that the people you are with will wimp out on you and want to turn around. I am the type that likes to go as far as possible on hikes and rides to escape the 'concrete jungle'.

jason

fear no beer
It really depends on where I'm going. I used to ride my bike to and from work, or on some of the popular bike paths by myself. However if I'm going more off path and a new area, I would prefer to take someone else.

HardyC

I like to bike ride alone if I'm close to home. My neighborhood has bike trails which were once railroad tracks that became unused. They connect four towns together and are very well traveled. If I decide to bike a trail that is out in a wooded area then I like to go with someone. I like having the company of someone there exploring with me and it's better for safety reasons.

Nature25

I go bike riding by myself most of the time. I like to get out in nature to take photos and it's less of a distraction when I am by myself. I usually take someone with me when I am just going out for a ride for fun, that way I have someone to share the experience with.