Where are the Posters?

ppine

Forester
Lately the forum has turned into the outdoor food and drink forum. Where did everyone go? Please post a new topic this week or get used to the idea of not having this forum.

Come on people it is worth saving.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Sorry. I didn't think to tell everyone about the latest thing I shot and killed so I could barbecue it on a wood fire. Fishing hasn't really started up good yet or I'd have some stories about bowfishing or angling a big bass for dinner.

Hope you're not too upset but I spend so much time outside doing all this stuff to post on a regular basis. Take care of yourself, son. And go out and do it. I'd rather have you going out and having some fun than watching for the reports.

Bojib

I don't think the change in format had much to do with it.

I think it may have more to do with a few dominant posters on here than anything.

jason

fear no beer
Hi...!!
Was wondering...is there any reason that the old format couldn't be brought back...?? Sure had a LOT more chatter on it...!!
Besides the security holes and outdated software, the old format was slowing down also. We actually get more now then when we switched. Sadly most people seem to remember the times when we got an influx of refuges from another site when it went down. You can see the stats in the picture attached.

Attachments

MacGyver

A lot of times when I check in to the site, I see users online who I've never seen post.

HEY, PEOPLE! Speak up! The more the merrier!

Cappy

I am still here and I post things on occasion. I often forget to bring a camera when I jump in the jeep and go. But I plan to try to do better. The temps will soon drop and Fall to spring is our play time so I will be soon posting some camp adventures till then yall gotta be happy with back yard adventures.

MacGyver

This is the beginning of crazy time for me, waiting to get out. Among other things, I'm an exterminator which means there's plenty of work as long as it's warm out. That works for me because I won't camp in summer heat anyway. But now the days are getting less hot, the nights are getting cool. That means camping time is finally right around the corner! I'm planning a 3-day weekend in September and 4 or 5 days in October. I've sorted and re-sorted all my gear... added a few new gadgets... now it's just a little bit longer 'til I can get out to use it all... Posts and pictures to follow.

Cappy

You are a month ahead of me but I am already getting excited. first cool we jump in the yard plant the fall garden and clean stuff up then its off camping somewhere usually where the fishing is decent.

Bojib

I've noticed most forums I visit are a bit slow any more. Not slow speed wise, but slow posting wise. That is, unless they have a political section, those seem to be popular now with the presedentials coming up, but I avoid those.

Since Facebook has gained so much popularity it seems that most forums have lost popularity. It's a one stop shop for most people. If you can find the right groups and what not to belong too. Most people I know rarely even get on a computer anymore, and with a smartphone it's just easier to hit the one stop shop for everything.

I prefer the layout of message board forums to Facebook. It's a personal preference.

This is just my theory as to why things on message boards aren't as busy anymore.