THREE FAT MEN (in the woods)...

Pathfinder1

Hi...!!
Has anyone been watching "Three Fat Men" (in the woods) on the Weather Chanel at night?

"Creek", the 'teacher' takes three fat men outdoors in various areas of the Country. They stay at a made-on-site base camp for four days, and on the fifth day the three strike out on their own. None of the three men have had any outdoor experience...!!

They must make their own shelter...own fire...and find their own food and water.

There are a few 'hokey' parts, but overall, I find it rather watchable...!!

Grandpa

I've watched a few shows. Quite entertaining which is the goal. Some good ideas and a couple of potential disaster ideas but really quite good.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Interesting. But it makes me wonder about the origins of the creators of such shows. Can Sadism be taught or does one have to have an innate moral flexibility to propose a show that is based on the entertainment value of televising the torture of others of your own kind? Very curious.

jason

fear no beer
Interesting. But it makes me wonder about the origins of the creators of such shows. Can Sadism be taught or does one have to have an innate moral flexibility to propose a show that is based on the entertainment value of televising the torture of others of your own kind? Very curious.
Looking for a new job? Or are you asking for a friend?

Cappy

Why in the world would I needa watch fat guys in the woods when AM ONE! :fishing:

Not only that but I aint neva gonna be caught having to rub sticks together to make fire. I have been forced to spend several nights out aint ever had hardship like that and always walked or paddled out the next day no worse for ware.

mccallum

I also think the fat guys apply to be on the show. Yeah I think that some of it is a bit over the top --- yeah ok try to make a fire with a bow drill set but have a way to do it that is 99% fool proof. Like oh matches? A lighter? a farro rod, a knife (Creek is carrying a minimum of two) and PJ'd cotton balls?

I do like some of the shelters they have built; especially the one built with duct tape. They taped the tripods together and all the rest of the structural pieces and then used duct tape to make "beds"

Gunny Webb

Outdoor Member
It's a little more real than some of the other "survival" shows out there. I mean some are just epic stupid. "Let's down climb this waterfall because there may be resources we can use." Really???
Fat Guys ACTUALLY covers a sound doctrine. I like the guys they pick, you can't hire people to act like that. Creek is actually a pretty cool guy.