Greetings from the Draconian State of Maryland

MacGyver

Been lurking here for a couple of weeks and decided I'm not on enough camping forums, so... I signed up and here I is. Looking at some of posts and the signatures on here, I figure my sarcastic sense of humor might not be too frowned on here.

My nick is the short version of what my camping gang calls me. We're decidedly car/truck campers because 1) none of us are that young anymore and 2) we just really like our comfort. I take the second part of that to the extreme with all my gadgets. Solar power, LED lights, an inverter and a nice stereo (we're all music fanatics), just to name a few. When something breaks, I'm usually the guy that's charged with fixing it. Paracord, Gorilla tape, epoxy putty and Visegrips are some of the staples in my kit.

Cappy

Ahhhh yes welcome aboard its kinda slow here at the moment but there are lots of good reading in the bowels of the forum. most of the regulars are also kinda old and fun loving and like you I have moved from back packing to canoeing to tents to pop ups to a rv. Partly cause it was easier cause I aged partly cause like you I like to camp not survive. Also music is a big part of our life and we either listen to it or make it in our off key style.

MacGyver

Hmmm...it would seem we have much in common.
I think I'm sorry to hear that LOL

Ahhhh yes welcome aboard its kinda slow here at the moment but there are lots of good reading in the bowels of the forum. most of the regulars are also kinda old and fun loving and like you I have moved from back packing to canoeing to tents to pop ups to a rv. Partly cause it was easier cause I aged partly cause like you I like to camp not survive. Also music is a big part of our life and we either listen to it or make it in our off key style.
I figure every camping related forum would be slow this time of year. Hopefully people are out camping - and not with their face in their smartphones.

Thanks. It's funny you mention the transition from backpacking to RVs. I worked my way up the line but actually sold my camper a few years ago and went back to tents, mostly because of the maintenance. But I still don't want to sleep on the ground. In the Winter it's a cabin tent with a full size cot, in warm weather it's either a low slung cot or the folding platform I put together.

Welcome aboard! :)
Thank you!

Pathfinder1

Been lurking here for a couple of weeks and decided I'm not on enough camping forums, so... I signed up and here I is. Looking at some of posts and the signatures on here, I figure my sarcastic sense of humor might not be too frowned on here.

My nick is the short version of what my camping gang calls me. We're decidedly car/truck campers because 1) none of us are that young anymore and 2) we just really like our comfort. I take the second part of that to the extreme with all my gadgets. Solar power, LED lights, an inverter and a nice stereo (we're all music fanatics), just to name a few. When something breaks, I'm usually the guy that's charged with fixing it. Paracord, Gorilla tape, epoxy putty and Visegrips are some of the staples in my kit.

MacGyver

Things here are hazy, hot and humid. Getting real tired of the summers here. I can't believe I'm actually going camping in this crap on Friday. But, a friend who was attacked and beat within an inch of his life is (months later) finally able to go and wants to go... so... out into the swelter I go! LOL

jason

fear no beer
Ouch, sorry to hear about your friend. I hope they got whoever attacked him. If it makes you feel better lots of people here are paddling down the road.