How do you spend your weekends

welfull

How do you spend your weekends ? Watching a movie at home or going out with friends? Or you have a another better idea?

Simplify

I rotate between fishing, hiking, and bicycling. During the cooler months I love to go on long touring rides on the weekends. Fishing is always fun.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I get up, have a cup of coffee while checking this forum for new posts. Then I go out on the bicycle (mountain bike) and sprint two and a half miles up and down hills. I cool down for about twenty minutes and then go out hunting or fishing or work on my current hair-brained idea project. I also like to barbeque.

ppine

Forester
Being outside, since Nature is my religion.
As a retired person, I like to travel on weekends and spend my outdoor time during the week.

Grandpa

My weekend is Monday through Saturday. Sunday is for God. I may spend a couple of Sunday hours in a building but I am closest to Him in the mountains. My weekends are divided among visiting kids/grandkids, fussing around the farm, and hiking and camping. The best times are when we can combine at least two of the above. Two weeks ago, we joined our son and his family along with a couple of the older grandsons along the Poudre river in Colorado for some fishing and dutch oven dinners. Last week, we were camped in the Wasatch mountains with #2 daughter and her family. SIL and I packed their two little ones up the back side of Mount Ben Lomond while daughter packed the lunches. This weekend looks to be enjoying the benefits of the garden and preserving excess for winter. A couple of the older grandkids and one great are coming to help grandma with the canning and freezing. I'm sure there will be some "range time" practicing with the handguns out at the clay bank. If all goes well, next weekend grandma and I are heading for the Wind Rivers for a little time to ourselves. Life is good.

Cappy

I avoid the waterways and local woods on the weekends they are way too crowded with inexperienced folk. Launch my boat on Wednesday back right down the ramp in the water in a few minutes. Try the same thing on a Saturday morning you have to wait in line and park a mile from the landing. The water in the bayous and along the lake banks gets muddy from all the boat traffic. Weekends are for back yard activities.

ppine

Forester
Tonight we are going to see my friend's timber framed house made from old barn timbers. It is 3 stories and built with recycled materials. He has a giant soapstone fireplace on one wall from Finland.
Happy hour at 1800 with hors d'ouerves and a slide show of the June raft trip in Oregon and two long backpacking trips. To quote my uncle's memoir. "Isn't Life Fun?"

jason

fear no beer
Lately it has been spent working. A few hours on Sunday for family though. Otherwise I like to try and take the little ones out for something, or just into the pool. Get some projects done around the house. Like most here, parks and outdoor recreation is packed on weekends, much better to take a day off during the week for that stuff.

Jennifer Langley

Both! I start of with a small hike with the hubby and then come home for movie and pizza. I always carry my camera on the hikes just in case. But every once in a while, who wouldn't love a perfect weekend of doing nothing all day haha

Laserwalk

Sometimes we spend time with the family in our permanent military tent, which we placed on a private location near the forest. We often look movies projected on a wall, through a beamer. Its like a mini second home for the whole family. We have some mushroom heaters. We always have a good time there and i think we´ll spend some time at this weekend.

greetz