Getting ready for play time!!

Cappy

it's the time of the year again when Peggy and I stock up our lil 18 ft camper and get ready to hit the road. We leave stuff in the cabinets and such for 8 months and unload it all for the summer heat. Then we use all the stuff so it dont expire and now we buy new for the beginning of our camping season. Now till April some times May of next year. Yesterday we went buy seasonings and such and hit the dollar store for a few toilet and dry good supplies and we are preparing to head out possably as early as next week. The first trip is a scouting mission we are gona check out a park on the premere bass fishing lake in the country. If it checks out as not too hard a trip, nice camp sight, decent access to any needed suplies, we will go back dragging the boat and full camping gear and set up shop for a month this winter if not we will pick another spot and scout it. We have high hopes for this one on acounta their cheap off season rates we will let yall know.

Cappy

LOL no worries there. The cell service sux where we are going so I prolly wont be able to let yall know how it is going but rest assured the highlights will be as always well blogged.:beer3:

Cappy

It's still 90 degrees with high humidity but I know fall weather aproaches so its fun rigging up our camper. Cause of the summer heat we hafta strip it of all cans and food stuffs and empty the fridge. This time of year we restock it with fresh goods and it stays stocked till April or so pending on weather.

MacGyver

Yep - this is the time of year when I'm chomping at the bit. I'm too old to sit in a dusty, buggy and muggy campsite in the middle of Summer. The leaves here are just starting to turn so it's prime camping season for me, from now 'til late Spring. The tents and and all the gear have been checked out, some new toys have been added... going out in two more weeks!

dinosaur

troublemaker
It's a bit cooler here, Cappy. But last night I was sitting by the campfire next to my pond watching a frog laying on top of the water. That didn't last though. A big old bucket mouth took the frog in spectacular fashion. It was the high point of the evening.

Cappy

I have several old school top water fly baits called hula poppers my favorite is frog colored. The bait has a deep cup in front so when ya twitch it it makes a hollow plunk sound . Dino take the thrill of seeing what ya saw and multiply it by the feeling of that explosion on the end of a light action rod and feel every twitch ole bucket mouth makes telegraphed down the rod.

Mac I know well what ya mean I remember a time I enjoyed steamy hot semi tropical nights but now its hard for me to imagine doing so.

Simplify

The cool weather is here also now and am starting my play season as well. I took a bike-packing trip and camped out in the desert under the stars. It was nice.

Cappy

Still kinda warm but we are stocking up and getting ready. Gotta rewire my boat trailer and I ordered some LED lights for it and a new bilge pump. Just doing the lil prep things waiting for the temp to slowly drop outa the 90s into at least the low 80's

ppine

Forester
Cappy,
Some people just know how to live.
We had the big do this Sat to celebrate Nevada Day. I set up the new tipi and a wall tent, cooked brisket and a pork shoulder on the fire with DOs and then we had a 3 hour concert by Mike Beck. I wish you and your wife could have been here. Ppine

Cappy

Sounds like a great time indeed my friend. The last 2 weeks of torrential rain kinda slowed us up some all the stuff showed up for the boat bit hard to wire it up when its almost floating.
We are already a month late on or season of play time but you know us when we get started we will make up for lost time.:beer3:

ppine

Forester
I am waiting for a break between snow storms to sneak up in the mountains behind the house for a short backpacking trip. There are no routes and no trails, even though the range is close to 10,000 feet. We will see no one else out there on a weekday.