NEW BIC LIGHTER...!!

Pathfinder1

Hi...!!

I think that most of us carry one or more Bic-type lighters when we're afield...just for 'emergency'-type use...!! You flick the flint wheel and simultaneously push down on the fuel button...which sounds real easy if your hands aren't half-frozen, or if you're not wearing gloves.

I recently purchased a newer type of Bic Lighter...same size as the old ones...but which have a 'dimpled' surface...and only ONE button to press down to strike and light...!! They are SO much easier to use...!!

Have any of you found them and used them...?? I don't think I'll ever use the 'old' Bics again...!!

Cappy

I'll watch for them but gladly hands too cold to flick ma bic aint one of my problems and the ole bic is hard to beat they strike and last forever and even when outa gas still make a good spark for much longer.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I use one called "Judge". It's made in China but it is basically a blow torch. It costs about 1.25 dollars. It lasts about a year if you only use it to start fires. It is totally windproof and gets very hot, very quickly.

Roybrew

Wow I am still using some ole wooden matches bought a couple of years ago. They never have failed me, but I don't let them wet either. I have packed my propane torch before. Worked great when the wood needed some encouragement. I guess I better get with the times, and git some new fancy fire starting devices.

MacGyver

I never go out on a trip without at least one Zippo lighter. Spare flint in the bottom and a small container of extra fuel. Ain't no school like old school!

ppine

Forester
I like to use one of those titanium striker fire starters for lighting a stove. The spark on a worn out lighter works fine.
For lighting a fire, wooden matches, a candle and maybe some fire starters for wet conditions like Oregon.