Camper vs. Tent

dinosaur

troublemaker
It doesn't make much difference really. It's a question of what you're comfortable with for accommodations. Some areas are impossible for anything but a tent. These places are wonderful but I would suggest experiencing them while you are able to do it. When you get older, it doesn't mean you cannot still do it. But you reach a point when you just don't give a sh*t anymore and all you require is getting away. This is not to mention that going off into places that can only be reached on foot or horseback will leave a lot of places you've never experienced that can be reached using a Winnebago. Just get out there and do it.

Northern Dancer

...it's all to do with preference. I may get around to it someday - but right now canoe country has my attention. :)

Birddog

Good posts all around.I started with a tent,moved up to a large popup,sleeps 7. Then i got busy with the job and family.Every time i wanted to go out,the popup needed money put into fixing something,Tires,lift system,door quit fitting right,canvas shrunk around areas where it goes in.Eventually it wasn't fun anymore to own a trailer.I went back to tent camping,all my gear stays in great shape in the garage even if i can't get away sometimes for 2 years.Doesn't cost a small fortune for upkeep.And no depreciation or registration fees.

Northern Dancer

...good for you Birddog - welcome back to camping world. I'm getting ready for canoe season so I purchased this...

Outback Lodge Outfitters 10 x 10, three season, six man [not in my tent], 23 pounds, weather protection around door, opening for fuel/power cord, one man set up.