The Shoot The Bull Thread

Cappy

I started on the back yard and woulda gotta done but the thunderstorms arrived fore I finished. Oh well there is always tomorrow. My buddy called me said he had 3 gallons of wine for me so if its too soggy I'll ride over and pick em up.

Roybrew

It was in the mid 70s yesterday, so my wife and I went out on a local lake propecting around old home sites that are covered by water most of the year. The lakes in this area are dam controlled. They draw them down in the winter months for flood control. So They claim.
We beached on this spot because there was an old home site up near tree line.
I found all kinds of nails and a few old buried cans. I didn't bring the cans home.
I stumbled on some chert that looked like they had some chipping work done on. Maybe some idians years ago were working on them.
I figured before the Holston river was dammed in the 40s a lot of this area was plowed and planted. My wife found some old pottery pieces and bottles and some nice drift wood, that I need to trim up, for yard decoration. Sun was fixen to set
So we figured we'd better go. Boats all muddy now, but the car wash will clean it up. Plenty more old farm sites on this lake waiting for another day.

Cappy

Temp in the 70's and we ahd a different kind of wonderful day Mardi Gras parades in a small town in Cajun country
We dont have the pictures and videos untangled yet they still in the camera. But htis is same get together last year.

Cappy

yesterday I decided it was stock up the fire wood for spring camp fires. I have a good sourse of pallets walking distance to the house. The feed and seed place on the corner is getting stocked up for the spring and generating pallets for the taking. I am friends with them and walk over and visit when I need something. I made 4 trips in the suv putting 4 pallets in the back. yesterday I got 12 of the pallets wacked up and stacked by the fire pit fore it rained. So I sat with a big 36 oz glass of home made rum and coke looking out across the yard. It's my favorite tome of the year. Cool and everything is budding flowering and blooming.

Cappy

I just scored boston butte pork roast in twin packs .89/lb the butcher cuts them for free had one twin pack sliced into pork steaks and the other cut into country style ribs. Next time they on sale I will have both packs into ribs cause they fit into my grinder then it'l be sausage time

Cappy

Got da grass mowed today picked up a bunch of stuff and was all ready for a relaxing time by the fire pit when the neighbors fired up mowers weed eaters etc and went to making a rucus. Sigh by the time they get quiet the skeeters will be out so Guess suing my pile of pallet wood will wait to tomorrow.

Simplify

Those spring camp fire sound like fun. Campfires are always so relaxing. Just sit back, enjoy the night, and let the world turn without you.

Cappy

Today we gonna bring Jollie our border collie pup to the Vet for a check up since its cool wwe will also tag team taking turns and hit a few places on the way back when ya poor ya gotta make all the stops there and back since ya passing there and dont do it often. We gonna hit tractor suply, lowes, big grocery store and stop to visit with a local gun smith. This is the last JOlie post on our blog as ya can see she is growing.
http://cappyandpegody.blogspot.com/2017/02/hee-eeers-jolie.html

Cappy

So yesterday we brought our Border Collie pup to the vet. Poor gal got prodded, pricked, felt and Probed:( twice!!:Eek: When we got her home alls she wanted to do was lay around.DSC01955 (640x361).jpg
She sure is making up for it today in overdrive frolicking and playing full blast.

jason

fear no beer
Today we gonna bring Jollie our border collie pup to the Vet for a check up since its cool wwe will also tag team taking turns and hit a few places on the way back when ya poor ya gotta make all the stops there and back since ya passing there and dont do it often. We gonna hit tractor suply, lowes, big grocery store and stop to visit with a local gun smith. This is the last JOlie post on our blog as ya can see she is growing.
http://cappyandpegody.blogspot.com/2017/02/hee-eeers-jolie.html
I saw gun smith in there somewhere. Anything good?

Cappy

The local guy runs a gun store and shooting range and teaches the concealed classes and such so he got out of gun smithing and aint got time to do it anymore. Good for him I guess. A friend gave me the name of a good smith that works outa the local Cabellas. Next closest place so I will give em a call in the future

Cappy

Wish I had a picture.
Sitting at the kitchen table on my lap top playing games. One strap of my bibs holding them up going Commando:D Waiting to take a shower for church. Peggy was washing her hair in the sink behind me when Beaux came tearing in through the dog door with Jolie'in hot pursuit whe was chasing him with a toy squirrel in her mouth. As I sat there sipping water from a mason jar it occurred to me how incredibly trailer trashy that moment was and made me smile at or tacky selves. Truly a Rockwell moment.

Happy Saturday yall.

Roybrew

Dad and I went fishing this morning. We drowned several minnows in our failed attempts to catch some crappie. The only thing that got its lip pierced was this small mouth dad managed to get
I got lucky at the boat ramp, and bagged this black walnut log that got washed to the bank
I would've held it up for a picture, but it was pretty heavy. I figure after it dries, around a year or so, I'll cut a nice bench seat out of it. It was a great morning to be out with my father.

Cappy

A great day fishing is when the company is so good ya dont mind them not biting. Nuff fries and such that bass filleted into small pieces and deep fried would feed a happy crowd

jason

fear no beer

Attachments