Patio in progress

Roybrew

Been working on this back patio for a while now. We sort of like the natural look, so I didn't put the stone in cement. I know it will sink slowly over the years and that's ok with us cause it'll take a long time. I sowed grass seed realy thick in between the stones last week and it is starting to grow.
The stone I collected from the local lake during the winter draw down. It is great with fossils in it. Some of it is shell and breaks easy.
. My wife planted some elephant ears in the left corner and we have herbs along the edge. I like the thought of a fire pit, like cappy has, so I need to figure out how and where to build one. On going project.

Cappy

Off to a great start man, As ya know we prefer natural looking too. Be care ful with those elephant ears tehy tend to take over. Thats why ours are in containers we fight with the invading nanners enough

Roybrew

Been working on it since last fall. Wife keeps changing things makes it more "interesting" to say the least. I think it needs some type of roof structure like one of those pergola
, but I can't sell her on it. It just doesn't have that feel yet.

Roybrew

Got my grass growing in nicely now
put that full glass door in about 2 years ago, and last year the weed eater picked up a small stone and slung it into the glass. It kept cracking for a full hour after that happened. Cost about 300 bucks to replace glass, so now I hang a piece of cardboard over it when I mow.

Cappy

Looking really good Roy I like the grass when we did ours we put the bricks too close for that so we have the solid brick style they have aged well and look pretty good. We spend most time in the yard though the out door patio area is where we eat and entertain.

jason

fear no beer
A pergola would be a nice addition. I know you already put grass down, but have you thought about moss or something like that between the stones? Something that will stay low and keep the rocks from flying into the door.