A Ride In The Park

Roybrew

Took a short bicycle ride on a green belt in our local town.
The momma ducks were keeping their babies close. We were enjoying the last cool days of spring.
The trail follows Reedy creek that runs through the town and empties into the holston river at the foot of Bays Mtn, which also has a city park on top of it. This end of the trail is an old falling apart bridge that runs between the north fork and the south fork of the holston river
you can see Bays mtn in the background. This is looking up stream at the north fork of the holston river (left) and the south fork holston (right)
It was a nice morning, and a great 12 mile ride. My butt hurts.

Cappy

LOL a 2 mile ride and my but hurts. recently invested in a big arsed padded seat sure its cheating but I dont understand how I usta ride those ole racers.

jason

fear no beer
Looks like it would be a nice river to paddle down. Sounds like you had a great start to the day.

Roybrew

Yeh I have big padded seat it doesn't help much. The water quality on that river is questionable. About 50 miles up stream on the north part of the river there was an industry that had mercury leaching into it. They closed that place down in the 70's I think. The south fork sprawls through urban and industrial areas. I think it is alot cleaner now than it was 20 years ago. The recent heavy rains we had early last week lead to more contaminated run offs. They had it posted on that old bridge. About a mile below there is an Military Ammunition plant that closed the part of the river that flows through. No one is allowed to be in that area. They have underground bunkers in that area. No joke, I saw it on Google earth satellite. But below the ammunition place is a great small mouth fishery that I truly enjoy. Canoes, kayaks and flat bottom boats only.