Towing

Cappy

Every trailer I have ever seen comes with a 2" reciever hitch built on. So I dont understand ya question. I am an old country boy so amybe some one more geeky aughta answer ya. We ahve a reciever hitch on our suv and use either jsut a standard 2"ball or a 3 point load stabilizing hitch for our camper.

MacGyver

I've never heard of Blue Ox. I've always gone with Reese or Curt hitches.

Hitch balls come in 1-7/8, 2 and 2-5/16 inches. Very rare are 3 inch hitch balls. My canoe trailer is 1-7/8ths, the campers I've had were 2 inch. Saw my first 2-5/16 hitch ball for a flat bed trailer at a company I used to work for.

Cappy

years ago I changed the boat trailor hitch to 2 inch now the boat and camper are both 2 inch as is the jeep and suv.
Saved alot of trouble and trying wrong.
I have a three point huge hawking hitch for a lil 18 ft camper but its what made Peggy happy. The tortion bars are easy to hook if ya know the trick. Ya use the jack to raise the hitch then hook em then lower the jack putting the weight on them. much easier than all that pry bar stuff I see folks doing.

Grandpa

I carry a 2" and a 2 5/16" , each on separate bars so I can change quickly. My bed mounted ball is also 2 5/16 for 5th wheel towing.