The Shoot The Bull Thread

Roybrew

MacGyver said it well. Hopefully this year be a good year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cappy

I know its just Tuesday every where else but down in Cajun country its Mardi Gras in english fat Tuesday. The tradition started back in the pre refrigeration days. Since its the day before the lenten period Catholics would throw a clean out the smokehouse and root cellar party Lent was a period of strict fasting and sacrifice and they didn't want stuff to go to waste. So they partied and celebrated the day before beginning a 40 day fast. So that's how it started and now its a big drunken debacle. So now ya know. Happy Mardi Gras yall! :beer3:

jason

fear no beer
Looks like your year is starting to turn around. Free sausages! Happy Mardi Gras to you and yours.

Roybrew

Been a long week of rain and warmer weather. Got my gunwale strips on and bolt excess cut and ground off. I've got to attach pieces on so I can mount my thwart then put pieces on top the gunwale edge, and then put in new seat. Drawing pattern out for thwart attachment piece. Maybe make back rest for it also? Back rest in the future of course.
20180218_082413.jpg

Get Out an Do It!!

Grandpa

What little I have watched curling it kind of grew on me. But then the only times I have watched it was winter olympics and that is in February. Not much else to do. Like bowling, there's a lot more too it than just hucking the ball down the center of the alley.

Cappy

Today we beat Canada in overtime. If ya remember that they are shooting 2 or 3 turns ahead when they place the rocks it begins to make more sense. Big womens match fixin to start so ice down a few and cock back and watch. It's kinda exciting.........maybe:beer3:

Roybrew

Got home from work my usual 7am. Wife going to sub at school, so I hit the basement for an hour before bed. Glueing my top gunwale rail on, of course a few galvanized Brad nails help along with bunches of clamps. I still don't have enough clamps though.

I wish I was camping, like some people.

Get Out an Do It!!

Cappy

Got that right ya ole fossil you! We are still hard at work house de moldifying. Very tedious to micro clean every square inch and every lil thing.
We are in a Febuary warm spell and its been in the 80's all week I am building a small burn fire in my ole fire pit and its too hot to stay out and tend it I just run out and put a hand full of branches on it every once and a while.

Thankfully the women are playing a very tough south Korean team right now exciting stuff.......almost:beer3:

Cappy

I got a fire in the yard trying to burn up the winter branches but its in the80's so I go out every once and a while throw a hand full or 2 on it and back to watching curling under the fan

Roybrew

Well, black ash is not a good hard wood. I thought all ashes would have close to the same properties. I did finish the gunwale trim, but the seat will have to be made from a harder wood. Live an learn. I'm not giving either, just taking a break. Rubbed in some danish oil on the gunwales, and I'm happy with it.

Get Out an Do It!!