12/28/08 Starkey Park, FL

jason

fear no beer
So the wife and I got new bikes for Christmas, and a little cart for the baby. The weather was prefect for a bike ride. We decided to go to Starkey Park in Pasco, FL.

The park was a bit packed, but it was not too bad for a Sunday. We started at the beginning of the of the trail and road the 6.5 miles to where the trail meets up with the Sun Coast Bike Trail. Then we headed back again.

Overall the trip was good. It has been a while since she has rode, so the kid cart was on my bike most of the way. The baby slept most of the way, but she did good in the back. We made sure she had plenty of juice. No wildlife was to be seen.

Sadly the cheap peddles I had gotten until the better peddles I ordered broke. The right side broke at our turn around point, with the other one breaking about a mile back from the car.

I forgot my camera, but we did have our cell phones. I only took pictures of the baby, and some of the peddles on the way back.

Overall the trip was good. This is the first time on the bike path there and thought it was well maintained. They offer small benches with shade every so often along the path, and after about a halfway down the path they also have water containers with cups and trash cans.

Attachments

HereToday

Bike trip

Speaking as a proud grandmama, I'm really pleased that you and your wife were able to share such a robust visit with your wee one. Great pic, by the way, I'll bet you're a very proud papa.

sarahlorrain

Sounds like a great day! I wish we had bike trails around here. I live in a small town out in the boonies, and people don't think about that sort of thing around here, unfortunately!

dtinnan

We have the silver comet trail a few miles from our house. it runs from smyrna to alabama. its concrete, and about ten feet wide. my son and i used to inline skate on it alot. beautiful ride through the country on bikes. no motorized vehicles allowed. they have a website http://www.silvercometga.com/

silverskee

omg Jason your baby looks so adorable! I love him just feel like giving him a huge cuddle. I love kids.

freedom

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Good for you, btw what is your baby's name? He looks so cute. He looks like he was also having a great time sitting there in his personal cart lol

newname19

Omg your baby is so cute :).
I would love to go to the place for a trip also looks fantastic and your baby is lucky of a great dad

Kev

It's good to hear that a good day was had by all. Days with your child at the age are so precious. Once they enter the teenage years it's a whole different ball game.. ;)

Actually, I haven't been for a ride in a considerable amount of time. This has reminded me to do so and hopefully will have a ride some time in the near future.