13 politically incorrect gun rules

southerngal

This has been making the rounds online as I have seen it in a couple of different places over the weekend. I liked it though so I thought I would share. Go here to see the 13 politically incorrect gun rules. :)

Greatoutdoors

I must have missed this one over the weekend. :) I will be passing it on too. They might be politically incorrect but they are true. I would dedfinitely rather be judged by 12 than carried by six.

Grandpa

Excellent advice. And #14, the best sound for a burglar alarm is the sound of a 12 guage pump being racked.

Lamebeaver

They missed a few.

Gun control is being able to hit your target.

Q. An armed intruder is threating you, what do you do?

Democrat: "What is his social background? Did he have a difficult childhood? Has he been repressed by the system?"

Republican: BANG!

Southern Republican BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.

oldsarge

Anyone see this before? Remember ladies...this is all in fun!

The Top 10 Reasons Why a Handgun is Better Than a Woman

#10 - You can trade an old .44 for two new .22s.

#9 - You can keep one handgun at home and have another for when you're on the road.

#8 - If you admire a friend's handgun, and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times.

#7 - Your primary handgun doesn't mind if you have a backup.

#6 - Your handgun will stay with you even if you're out of ammo.

#5 - A handgun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4 - Handguns function normally every day of the month.

#3 - A handgun doesn't ask "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2 - A handgun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.

AND THE NUMBER ONE WAY THAT A HANDGUN IS BETTER THAN A WOMAN . . .
You can buy a silencer for a handgun.

hippieP

Personally I love number five, we joke a great deal in the house since I am more of a tomboy than a girlie girl. He knows very well if I am home alone with the kids and hear an intruder, as good as my mama ninja skills are they might only hear the click.

Bumpkin

This is funny stuff! Thanks for the link, southerngal. Oldsarge, even though I'm a woman I can appreciate the humor of your post and I will be sharing it with my husband tonight. :)

JakeTheBake

I've never seen those listed together but I've heard all of them over the years. Good rules.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Interesting. To my way of thinking, a gun is much like a woman. When you handle her your grip should be firm but never tight. When you talk to her you call her sweetheart. The climax of handling her is when she goes off and it should be good for both of you. You also have to take good care of her or she won't like it and will make your life miserable.

ppine

Forester
My interpretation of this stuff is totally different. In a time when people are consistently being killed in the streets, (yesterday it was 10 shot in CA). An unarmed kid is shot by a Barney Fife with a 9mm etc. Guns are not a joking matter. It is macho BS and morally rehrehensablle. The sooner people realize that the US is the most violent society on Earth, the sooner they will realize that this is not funny. Screw politics, this is real life. Don't get caught up in this crap.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Caught up in what? Never lose your sense of humor. I don't consider myself a violent man but since I live in "the most violent society on earth" I have deemed it necessary to take measures to protect myself. Still it can be made to be funny. Without the ability to laugh at it, you lose your humanity.

oldsarge

Caught up in what? Never lose your sense of humor. I don't consider myself a violent man but since I live in "the most violent society on earth" I have deemed it necessary to take measures to protect myself. Still it can be made to be funny. Without the ability to laugh at it, you lose your humanity.
Thank you!

Greatoutdoors

Interesting that there are so many being shot and killed in California a state with some pretty restrictive gun laws. Aren't those restrictive gun laws supposed to make you safer and keep the bad guys from getting guns? Maybe if the thugs and criminals knew there was a higher probability of someone carrying a concealed weapon (legally) there wouldn't be so much crime. Things that make you go hmm.... :).

ppine

Forester
Dino,
We have learned that I am the last guy to solicit for advice about humor. However, using humor to deal with gun violence trivializes it my opinion and makes it more likely to happen.

I think there are plenty of gun nuts in this country, and a percentage high enough to worry about (maybe 10-15%) of these people are capable of some serious s***. A guy died recently in Reno because he came to meet a friend and went thru the back of his truck. The perps military training kicked in, dead friend. Think of all the people who are really frustrated, subject to abuse, high on meth, have bad tempers, saw lots of military action, etc. All of these people have access to guns in this country and all it takes is a few too many beers and someone is dead. I have a good friend who moved to Nevada to escape the warrants for violence in California. He is a good guy and smarter now. He does not go to bars and rarely goes out in public places because he cannot stand rude people and has a lot of skill in persuading them.

oldsarge

There may be a percentage of "gun nuts" in this country. I call them criminals. Guns are just a tool to make their criminal life easier.Then there is a larger percentage of responsible gun owners who use guns for hunting, target shooting and home & personal defense. When you see a guy at the range practicing drawing a weapon and placing rounds in the center mass of a man size target. That's called training. It's not macho BS. It's called being responsible. People who train can see the humor in what we do. whether it's with guns, boxing , martial arts you name it. It's like that in anything you do. I have a cousin who races dragsters, A friend of our's spent about a year in a burn unit after a wreck while racing. You know what? They make jokes about it. What else can you do? Run tail between your legs and cower if fear the rest of your days, or drive on and do what you like to do in life.

Dinosaur said it best..."Without the ability to laugh at it, you lose your humanity".

Here at OBC we are a diverse bunch. If I were on some tree hugging vegan hippie web site who condemned you for looking at a plant cross-eyed. I would expect to get slammed for any kind of gun talk. That's why I don't go there...I don't understand them...they don't understand me, why cause a riff? Same goes for some of these far out crazy militant types who's only motto is "Kill them all and let God sort them out". I don't go for that either. That's why I'm here. Here we have a mix from one end of the spectrum to the other that know how to share their opinions and respect others.

oldsarge

Some words to the wise. Shooting Advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors.

If you own a gun, you will appreciate this. If not, you should get one and learn how to use it:

A. Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

B. Its always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C. Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D. Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.

E. Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F. The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G. The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - cheat if necessary.

H. Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it cause it'll be empty.

I. If you're in a gun fight:
1/ If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
2/ If you're not loading, you should be moving,
3/ If you're not moving, you're dead.

J. In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!

K. If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense!
If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L. You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.

M. You cannot save the planet but you may be able to save yourself and your family.

MissyKitty

Guns and the rules.. the rules are cool. I have a saying also people might know: Guns do not kill people, people kill people. Guns defend people, from people, with smaller guns.