8 Bucks

Roybrew

I found this at a yard sale for 8 bucks, and couldn't pass it up. It's an REI 2 man half dome. It has aluminum poles and is in excellent shape, but it was missing the rain fly. I've got a lightweight rain fly for my hammock that I think will be more than sufficient if I need it. Just curious what y'all thought.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HillStream

Animals most of the time are better than people
Oh come on, why can I never come across these amazing deals when I happen to be at a yard sale. Congratulations though, for 8$ it's more than worth it.

Cappy

It's a good deal and any ole tarp will be a rain fly. For me tents need to be tall enough for me to stand easy to set up and have big windows for circulation. I don't worry bout insulation at all cause well, I don't need it. When I was tent camping a lot my favorite was a 10 by 10 dome tent very easy to pitch and tall enough to stand in big enough for a card table and a couple chairs along with sleeping area

Roybrew

Thanks, I like to know I find a good deal every once in a while. I wanted a small tent like this incase I get a chance to take a last minute trip that involves light packing. I've never back packed camp before, but I would like to do it for a night or two. I'm within 2 hours of the AT, and I would love to do a couple day hike.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ponderosa

That tent has been a favorite with backpackers for years. It's about $220 new and worth every penny. You could very likely get a replacement rain fly if you contact rei. Great find!