Alaska Rafting!

katharina

As I have promised guys, here are those additional pics from my friend's journey to unknown areas of Alaska. :) I hope you will enjoy them.
Love the pictures! As far as the activity is concerned, though, I think it would be a bit too intense for me. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Barney

Looks like fun. What river did you go down? How bad did the rapids get?
Since this was my friend's adventure I can tell you what he told me, since I wasn't there. :( He said that the rapids were quite extreme at some parts, that is why they took some training before hitting the real thing.

I'll ask him about the name of the river and the town when I call him the next time.

Taggart

Thanks for posting the pictures!

I've heard of white water rafting in other areas - I wonder if it's typically more intense in Alaska?

I think I'd be trying to soak up as much training as I could get before doing that. :tinysmile_tongue_t:

Barney

Yes that was a tour photographer. But that was not really a tour, more like a single ride but you can have the pics which are included in the price. I think the ride was about a 1000$. But of course my friend resourceful as ever convinced manager to let him for free. I honestly don't know how he did that.

Last edited:

WaterBaby

Oh wow, those pictures are great! I especially like the third one; everyone is getting completely soaked, and what I can see of the "guide's" facial expression is priceless!

rvmom

Those are wonderful pictures. Too scary for me to try though. I would rather be on a nice calm river in a raft lol. I see that stuff on TV and I think, those people are nuts hehehe.