Broccoli salad?

Discussion in 'The Campfire' started by campclose, Jul 5, 2012.

1. campclose

campclose New Member

I went to a 4th of July picnic and there was this "to-die" for broccoli salad there. It had raisins and some sort of nut (thinking almonds). It was so darn good. I asked around but no one claimed it. Anyone know of a recipe that sounds similar to these items?
  2. CozInCowtown

CozInCowtown Moderator

My sister-in-law makes one like that, I will ask next time I see them.
    And yes, it is awesome!!
    DC
  3. ponderosa

ponderosa Active Member

Albums:
    I make it, one of my favorite salads. I have kids on my lap right now making it hard to type, but I'll post it for you later tonight.
  4. monde

monde New Member

We had broccoli salad on that day as well. The dressing used was extra virgin olive oil mixed with vinegar so I think it is called vinaigrette. We added a few croutons and some hard boiled egg slices.
  5. carmen

carmen Active Member

I would love to try something like this, I love broccoli. Recently I just realized that I love cauliflower too but never even knew what it tasted like. Guess its one of those things you diss at a kid and never remember until you are under and more mature. ;)
  6. campclose

campclose New Member

I cannot wait for the recipe. The one I had did not have eggs in it. It was some sort of vinegar dressing. It was amazing. I cannot wait to try it on my own.