Camping In Michigan

twodogs

steven randall
Hello From Michigan, Im new to Base Camp , But im sure I will be back to put in my 2 cents worth . A Little bit of Information , Michigan is a great place to Camp, Hunt And Fish , I have lived In lower Michigan all my life and have done all these things . From lower MI. To upper Mi. Life in Michigan is good unless your looking for a job but even then there is still opportunitys here ,you just have to look a little harder.
I think the best place to camp is Western northern lower Mi It sure is nice country lots of lakes and rivers . Well hope to talk again.

twodogs

steven randall
Hello again from Michigan , I awoke to find a chilly Morning +1 above 0 . The only good thing thing it was dead calm, no wind So I dont plan on much Camping today.

Erwin

I also love to camp and fish in Michigan! I like camping in the thump and Traverse areas best, but I haven't traveled much of the west side of the state.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Yeah, I'm an Indiana boy who grew up camping and fishing in Michigan. I own a ranch that is a stone's throw from the Michigan border. But as a child the great state of Michigan decided to make it economically impossible for the average guy to afford fishing in Michigan. So I went South. I loved Michigan but, even though I can afford it, I detest having to pay so damn much to catch a few bluegill.

Rider One

Hey there, twodogs. Welcome to the great outdoors, the forum version of it, anyway. We're a fun and happening place so I can't wait to see what fun things you have to add.

twodogs

steven randall
I dont normally say a lot but when I do, I say it. I use to camp a lot and have a lot of experiences , Like the time about 25 years ago a girl freind of mine almost cut her finger off chopping wood. she was using a hatchet and missed the stick of wood she was holding with one hand and hit her finger . I had gone to the store and when i came back the people we were camping with took her to the hospital. I learned that day to use a stick in one hand to balance the piece of wood your chopping with the hatchet in the other , that way you keep your hand and fingers are away from the sharp end of the blade .

Joe S.

I spent quite a bit of time camping and fishing in Michigan. I usually operated out of Balwin or Ludington. It helped me stay sane for the three years we were stationed at Great Lakes with the Navy!

I lived in the U.P. for two years. LOTS of snow!! I am now back in the Thumbpit of Michigan but now that I have some snowshoes & cross country skis, I will be heading up to the U.P. and getting some real snow time. It is a beautiful part of our state.

wvbreamfisherman

Camped at several state parks in Michigan- near Port Huron, Gaylord, Mackinaw City and Taquemenon (sp?) Falls. I love the state, and non-resident salmon fishing licenses are fairly reasonable.

My best friend actually lives in Davisburg, and another one near Gaylord, so I try to get up there pretty often. I really want to do some hiking and canoeing in the UP.