"Camppox"

Northern Dancer

Inspired by Roybrew and Eric I took a rainy day and built a crude "CAMPPOX".
What's a Camppox? It's the new form of the old chuck box or as some would remember the patrol box. Designed principally for base camp [car camping] use. It enables one to be assured that all your needs are located in one place.

So this is my rendition of the same.

Camp Pox 2022-11-08 001 (2).JPG Front of the Pox 3717 Side view with logo 3718 Inside view

3719 The inside on the front door.

So...what does it contain? On the top left - are 6 cups and one mug. Top right - 6 plates and bowls. Middle left - aluminum foil, box for food grader, food thermometers, can opener, pizza cutter, measuring spoons, etc. Middle-right knives, spoons, and forks. Sharps - larger cutting knives and steak knives. The white container holds a spatula and other cooking utensils. The bottom left - box is for the frying pan, pots, and pans, and coffee perk, table cloth. The larger box to the right is for wash bins and assorted other pieces of equipment as needed. There is a cutting board in between the boxes as well as a fly swatter. The pole laying down in the front is inserted at the top of the box and can hold a paper roll and lantern. There is a small fold-down refused holder to receive items when you are preparing a meal. Underneath the inside top is a light for nighttime use.

I didn't insert a lot of shelves because I wanted the open space to work with. You create your own camp box to suit your needs.

Inside on the door has [as you can see] dish towels, scrubbers, hand sanitizer, and dish suds. There is a mirror, holder, clock, and thermometer, and other doodads. There is a small spice rack at the top left with a toothpick container.

You can lug this to the picnic table, or leave it in the van. I like to use it at the site proper.

Well, that's it camp fans - looking for another winter project. :camp2:

Roybrew

I like that. Have you got a kitchen sink with dishwasher? Ha. it is convenient to have everything you need for kitchen stuff contained in one particular space. Everything has place and it's easier to remember and maintain. I'm honored to be of some inspiration.
Roy

(The Great Outdoors)

Happy Joe

Apprenntice Geezer
Most recently I have gotten away from the heavy old style wooden boxes and gone to relatively heavy duty plastic suitcase style cases;

3740Dish and face washer...(I don't seem to have a pick of it in its case)

The cases load into the vehicle easier and store under the cot once camp has been set up...

Enjoy!

Northern Dancer

Most recently I have gotten away from the heavy old style wooden boxes and gone to relatively heavy duty plastic suitcase style cases;
View attachment 3739

View attachment 3740Dish and face washer...(I don't seem to have a pick of it in its case)

The cases load into the vehicle easier and store under the cot once camp has been set up...

Enjoy!
=====> Snazzy stuff there "Joe". Need, as they say, is the mother of invention and there is always something to learn. For example, I watched a guy use a straw to blow on the coals to make them blaze. I would never have thought of that.

Roybrew

That is snazzy. Cool idea Joe. I think I need to attach some wheels to my tote, yes that is a good idea wheels.

The Great Outdoors

ppine

Forester
Good idea.
Camppox sounds like a disease and I don't want it.
My latest camp box is pretty small has nesting cooking gear and a one burner Coleman stove with a big green bottle.

Happy Joe

Apprenntice Geezer
When I retired the Svea 123R in favor of a propane single burner I decided to move away from the relatively heavy missile container (the gas one propane stove wouldn't fit) to a much easier to handle suitcase style plastic case.

The new stove is much more stable under the percolator... the frying pan still doesn't fit in the same box though...

IMO this was a good change from both a weight and packing aspect.

Enjoy!