Christmas in the Sierra

ppine

Forester
Last night we went to a concert at the old Raycroft Dancehall, now the town hall built in 1886 of a little town nearby. We met up with three other couples for a concert with "the Comstock Cowboys." It is a western band playing some seasonal songs, but also many original tunes like 'Christmas in the Sierra", and "Christmas in Fiddletown." They did an instrumental version of "Greensleeves" with steel guitar, mandolin, and a fiddle.

Half-way thru Santa came out. Kids from the audience got on stage and took turns singing well-known Christmas songs. I really liked "Christmas in My Hometown" which brought me to tears. I sat next to one of the patriarchs of the largest and oldest ranches within 200 miles. We saw lots of friends. Then we went out for some great Italian food and the waiter played the piano. He was a concert pianist at one time but has to be coerced into playing in public. My cup is full. Merry Christmas everyone.

Stargazer

What a special way to celebrate the holiday season! I'm sure I would have been in tears too, ppine. Christmas In My Hometown is one of my favorites.