Commandments - make that RULES

Northern Dancer

Whatever term you use or how you use it, rules are the name of the game. Really? It's a difficult topic but it's one that has to be dealt with. This is part of a module that I presented to a Traditional Scouting Group. I have always promoted a Code of Conduct. Most of us know that a Code of Conduct will only work with like-minded people. So, rules are established.

This is the last module of the set that I presented. I hope the material gave you something to think about or brought back good memories from the past.

ppine

Forester
Rules are a slippery slope, but kids need some. The Code of Conduct is important. We learned some important stuff in Scouting.
Respect is the main theme I like to give kids. Respect themselves, their friends, strangers, plants, wildlife, waterways, etc. If they have respect that are more likely to make good decisions.
I like the old quote from hunters. "You reveal your character, by your actions when no one is around. "

Northern Dancer

Rules are a slippery slope, but kids need some. The Code of Conduct is important. We learned some important stuff in Scouting.
Respect is the main theme I like to give kids. Respect themselves, their friends, strangers, plants, wildlife, waterways, etc. If they have respect that are more likely to make good decisions.
I like the old quote from hunters. "You reveal your character, by your actions when no one is around. "
=====> You are absolutely right. For awhile they did away with "character references" as not being all that important. It was about the skill level for the job. Apparently, character references are back - nothing like having a skilled worker who has serious flaws. Companies realized the serious mistake made when they got rid of middle management too. Sometimes we have to re-learn what wisdom means.