Decorating campsite

outdoorsy

Do you decorate your campsite when you go camping at a campground? We have lights that we hang and decorations that we take each time we camp. It’s a hoot – the kids love to help decorate. I can’t believe the # of seasonal campers that are all decked out for holidays!

Hikebike

Sure why not right? I think decorating a campsite is a great idea. I bet the kids would have fun with it. I'm impressed with all the decorations that people put up too. Heck some decorate their sites more than I do my home.

ejdixon

Come to think of it, we haven't really took some time out to decorate our site. Personally, I'm much more contented with just looking around at the decorations that other campers put up in theirs. Have to say that I'm impressed with the effort they put into it.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
I thought the purpose of camping was to enjoy nature.
Depends on the camping. The car/rv sites where everyone is jammed together and there are roads everywhere and a bathhouse? I don't consider that camping anyway. It's like an organized party with strangers. Certainly not "get back to nature". Some of the decorations can be fun and interesting.

For true camping there better not be electric hookups or sewer hookups or a bath house for miles.

freedommachine

For true camping there better not be electric hookups or sewer hookups or a bath house for miles.
I am with you 100% on that. I always think of camping as going out set up camp and enjoy nature not redecorate it. I cant imagine camping on a paved road or being around hook ups or bath houses. Nature it self is beautiful the way it is.

jason

fear no beer
Depends on the camping. The car/rv sites where everyone is jammed together and there are roads everywhere and a bathhouse? I don't consider that camping anyway. It's like an organized party with strangers. Certainly not "get back to nature". Some of the decorations can be fun and interesting.

I think that is the type of camping the OP is talking about. Never been to an RV park, except the more permanent style ones to deliver packages.