Do you have a camping trip in the autumn

Bojib

Just got back from a camping trip. Guess it wasn't really autumn, but a very end of summer trip. We went camping at the lake were I grew up, it's in between both our families live. Everyone came down one evening and we had a big get together with cooking out and our parents telling silly stories about us when we were growing up.

Pretty great trip.

Planning a possible October back packing trip too, it may turn into another car camping trip though. I'm cool with it either way.

Grandpa

Last Friday and Saturday, we took our varsity scouts to a rendezvous competition in the Snake Range of eastern Idaho. The boys had a great time which meant we did too. Last weeks snow had just melted so the ground was soggy, but we survived just fine. Week before Grandma and I joined kids and grandkids in the High Uintas of Utah. Camping temps were perfect and day hikes up the Stillwater fork with the little guys were a hoot. SIL took our metal detectors and gold pans. No gold but I found a few old coins. Nothing of much value though except a couple of silver dimes. Week before that we joined kids and grandkids in the Wasatch range. A day hike up the back side of Ben Lomond gave us some great views. Still hoping for one last visit to the Sawtooths but time is running out.

MacGyver

This is the time of year that gets me camping crazy. I can't stand Summer around here because it's dusty, buggy and humid. So, as the nights get cooler and the days less hot... it's time to GO! I'm getting up in about four hours from now, throwing all the gear in the truck and heading out to the usual spot with the usual gang. Western Maryland and Green Ridge State Forest. I figure in about eight to ten hours, I'll be asleep in my hammock as the next people show up.

Got another trip already planned for the end of October and it only gets better from there. Winter camping has become my favorite time to get away from it all.