Do you use insect repellants?

drake

I'm the type of person who hates being bitten by insects or mosquitoes especially when sleeping. My Coleman mosquito net is doing a good job but I also include Coleman mosquito coil for complete protection.

lovelife

I read somewhere that you should put on vanilla scent to keep the mosquitoes away. This is what we used last year and were lucky enough to not be bitten up. I don't know if it was actually the vanilla, but I will try it again next year.

jason

fear no beer
I admit, on myself I am bad. The wife makes sure the kid is covered, but I always forget for myself.

Bushman

I don't get bitten that often, so I don't use repellents that often. But I do keep a can of OFF! spray handy for anyone that may need it or if I happen to get overwhelmed by a swarm of insects.

amanda

I read somewhere that you should put on vanilla scent to keep the mosquitoes away. This is what we used last year and were lucky enough to not be bitten up. I don't know if it was actually the vanilla, but I will try it again next year.

That sounds like a great idea! I've never tried vanilla before myself, but I think I'm going to have to check it out and see if it's any good. Where'd you read that?

drake

Vanilla scent, what brand of product is that repellant? I never tried that kind of scent, I thought I read somewhere that sweet scents can attract insects?

robbier

I use insect repellent when I hike. I haven't tried vanilla before though, nor have I heard of it before. I always put it on because I get bit and bit over and over if I don't use repellent.