Doctors and Guns

Grandpa

A little tounge in cheek comparison between doctors and guns. As firearms owners we can chuckle over the statistics however the anti-gunners use these types of comparisons without the chuckle.

1. Doctors
(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now think about this:

Guns
(A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.
(Yes, that's 80 million)
(B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188

Statistics courtesy of FBI

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Therefore , 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT

Almost everyone has at least one doctor. This means you are over 9,000 times more likely to be killed by a doctor as by a gun owner!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

Greatoutdoors

Too funny Grandpa. I know a couple of people who will get a good Monday morning chuckle out of that one. That's a lot of gun owners and of course some of us have more than one! ;)

dinosaur

troublemaker
I read once that the life expectancy of a doctor is 56 years. And they are the ones telling us how to take care of ourselves. Why would a sane person take advice on health from someone who is going to die young?

campclose

Okay I laughed! Pretty funny and so true. Do you have the statistics of how many lives doctors save versus how many guns save? I am willing to bet guns win that one too.

Grandpa

Okay I laughed! Pretty funny and so true. Do you have the statistics of how many lives doctors save versus how many guns save? I am willing to bet guns win that one too.
No statistics on that but have doctors saved any lives yet? Except for the ones that haven't died yet, all their patients are dead.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Now really, I like my doctor friends and they do make our lives much better. But unless the time is near enough to get "twinkled", we are all gonna die despite our doctors best efforts.