For all you guys and gals that like to shoot the big guns

Greatoutdoors

I am kind of scared that there are this many idiots handling firearms! If this is the kind of stuff that gun control nuts see can you really blame them for their position? :tinysmile_aha_t:

Pathfinder1

Hi...

They all crawled out of the shallow end of the gene pool...!! (and they most likely are the ones who "qualify" for firearm permits)...!!

Other than exhibiting people who should never again hold a firearm...the chuckles they provided were almost worth it...!!

ppine

Forester
Grandpa,
A great video. People need to work up to high calibers by shooting lots of small calibers. It is obvious what people's experience levels are by watching them shoot.

oldsarge

I'd like to know what that guy was shooting that split the stainless barrel on that bolt action rifle!
I bet he had an obstruction in the barrel. I don't think a hot round would do that. I'm not that experienced with bolt actions. I know on semi auto's, hot rounds do more damage to the bolt and chamber.

wvbreamfisherman

Old Sarge, I expect you are right. "Hatcher's Notebook" talks about testing '03 Springfields with a variety of overloads, and IIIRC, they had mostly head failures with the occasional blown chamber, particularly in some receivers that weren't properly heat treated.

Been a long time since I read that book, but I think I have it correct. Excellent read, by the way- lots of stuff about developing ordnance.

Grandpa

Second thing we learned after "watch where yer pointing that thing" is keep the barrel clear. A very important point in the first lessons, before we ever got to actually hold the gun. I still remember a cowboy show where the hero pushed mud into the rifle barrels of the gun runners merchandise. Can't remember the show or the hero but I do remember that.