Fried cookie dough

greengrass

I saw a recipe in a magazine a couple of years ago on how to fry cookie dough. I wish I'd saved it! This would be a perfect campfire dessert! Does anyone know how to fry it? Do you have to use oil or butter?

Bumpkin

Somehow this doesn't surprise me. I mean, we are a society of people that like fried food so much we've taken to frying Twinkies and even pickles, lol. I would imagine if you were going to pan fry cookie dough it would be best in butter and it would need a coating of some kind on it, like graham cracker crumbs. I once worked in a restaurant that served fried cheesecake bites and they were deep fried in oil, but for some reason oil just isn't sounding very tasty to me with the cookie dough.

southerngal

I imagine it would probably work either way and I am sure you can find a recipe for it on the internet. If I was going to try it at home I would just take cookie dough balls and drop them in hot oil for a minute.

3ofusnow

Interesting...is there anything that can't be fired these days? I saw an article the other day about fried coca cola??? Is that really necessary isn't it bad enough for you already?

greengrass

I have had a lot of weird fried foods at the State Fair. Fried Oreos and Fried Snickers.... Mmmm...

I'll have to see if I can find the exact recipe for this because I know it had some kind of special instructions. Why didn't I save it?!!!!

Chump

Fried oreos are my favorite fatty food. I love how when you bite into them they are all sweet and soft and soggy! Only in America! lol

lovelife

I had fried oreos once and thought they were gross!

As for friend cookie dough, I wonder if you make it just like regular fried dough. We do this at home for a treat once in a while. Just heat some oil in the frying pan and then add the dough. Brown both sides. I bet the cookie dough is good.

Reese

I think they will fry anything these days!! A lot of the different items don't sound very appetizing, but the cookie dough sounds tasty. Too bad it is so fattening!

dinosaur

troublemaker
I've never done cookie dough, but my Dad used to bring those canned buttermilk biscuits you pop open on the edge of a table or counter. He'd pop them open and fry them. Then he'd sprinkle them with powdered sugar. Quite tasty actually.

oldsarge

I've never done cookie dough, but my Dad used to bring those canned buttermilk biscuits you pop open on the edge of a table or counter. He'd pop them open and fry them. Then he'd sprinkle them with powdered sugar. Quite tasty actually.
The Italian side of the family used to do the same thing but they made it from scratch. I can't remember what it was called but man was it good. More sugar the better. It's been a while since I've had them too!