Greetings from Central California

Hikin Mike

Walkin' Like a Penquin Now
I've been here about a week now, so I thought I'd say "Howdy" from Atwater California...about 1.5 hours from Yosemite. I'm another one of the refuges from the train wreck called 'BACKPACKER.com'.

I've always enjoyed hiking and backpacking since I was a kid in the Boy Scouts (35+ years ago). I had some issues with my knees about 10 years ago, and a long story short...I had a TKR (Total Knee Replacement) done, but had issues with it, so both of my knees were removed and both legs are fused straight now. You can say I kind of walk like a Penguin now...LOL!. Haven't backpacked since, but I've done some small (~5 mile r/t) hikes and a few car-camping trips.

Besides hiking, I'm an amateur photographer (landscape/nature), love old muscle cars, and I dabble with web design.

jason

fear no beer
Greetings and salutations. How has the storm over there been treating you? No flooding I hope.

jason

fear no beer
Thanks. We're in a drought here, so absolutely now water here.
Yeah we have had those years too. Was not sure if you were in in the way of the storm that went through. Haven't kept track of it other then a friend got some rain in AZ.