Headlamp repair

Roybrew

I've got a little P Tec Byte, and the on/off safety switch, the switch that prevents accidental turning on, tore up several years ago. The 3 mode switch still works fine, so the safety switch I'm not to worried about.
I used it for a couple more years after that, then it quit working, all together, on my last trip.
I sat down this past afternoon to try and diagnose and repair my little light. The accidental on/off switch is unrepairable, but all I need is the push button 3 mode switch.

The wire that connected the contacts under the safety switch were broken and deteriorated.IMG_20211031_112641963~2.jpg The messed up safety switch.IMG_20211031_112803258~2.jpg soldering a wire between contacts.IMG_20211031_113258105~2.jpg works like a charm now.

How long do these LED bulbs last? It's no power house spot light, but it's sure small and packs well.

Cappy

good job! I love those lil headlights and thankfully they are cheap I usually get em at lowes or big sporting good places. I keep one by my bed it comes in very handy and I use it often. I have one I carry in my messenger bag and will be on the look out for the safety thingy ya talk about mine occasionally gets turned on in my bag and it often drains the battery away I carry 3 3a batterys om my bag just incase. I will keep an eye out for the safety switch in the future

Northern Dancer

Wow. I'm glad you have the patience Roybrew because I don't. I would be looking for the latest model and the newest technology. [On Sale]

When I'm carry anything with batteries for a distance I usually put one battery in the wrong way to prevent it from accidentally turning on. I just have to remember to place the battery in correctly before it becomes dark. :Frown2:

ppine

Forester
Headlamps are great tools. They have come a long way. I still have one with a big round light and an incandescent bulb. I get tired of fixing them quickly and toss the cheap ones. I like the Petzl lights and now spend more than I used to. I use headlamps around the yard at night and in the house, so I don't wake anyone.

Northern Dancer

Wow. I'm glad you have the patience Roybrew because I don't. I would be looking for the latest model and the newest technology. [On Sale]

When I'm carry anything with batteries for a distance I usually put one battery in the wrong way to prevent it from accidentally turning on. I just have to remember to place the battery in correctly before it becomes dark. :Frown2:
----->I use Protex and Black Diamond.