Hello from the Great Province of Ontario

Northern Dancer

Hello Everyone! Looking froward to learning from you and I hope that I can share too. I'm a four season camper but as one might expect I spend a lot of time out during the summer months. I have a passion for the outdoor life and have had the occasion to instruct various aspects of camping to mixed groups.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Howdy. I, being and old guy, have also camped and continue to do so in strange and hostile environments. I and my compatriots on this site are more than willing to listen intently to your tales of daring-do. By all means, enlighten us as to the virtual cornucopia of experiences that will be so enlightening to us all.

I am, of course, just jerking your chain. It's always good to have another fellow around the campfire to tell my lies to.

Welcome.

Northern Dancer

Howdy. I, being and old guy, have also camped and continue to do so in strange and hostile environments. I and my compatriots on this site are more than willing to listen intently to your tales of daring-do. By all means, enlighten us as to the virtual cornucopia of experiences that will be so enlightening to us all.

I am, of course, just jerking your chain. It's always good to have another fellow around the campfire to tell my lies to.

Welcome.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Thank you very much - dunno, but you sound like a gentle carnivorous to me. Is that an aroma of coffee that I sniff around that campfire?

Cappy

enjoying a cup of mud in the back yard under the Banana palms. Figure that tells ya I am on the other end of the continent. A chubby ole Cajun who resides in the swamps of South Louisiana. I truely look forwards to hearing some of your tales and ya get here just in time for my time to brag. When you start shoveling snow I start playing out side. Welcome aboard.

Northern Dancer

enjoying a cup of mud in the back yard under the Banana palms. Figure that tells ya I am on the other end of the continent. A chubby ole Cajun who resides in the swamps of South Louisiana. I truely look forwards to hearing some of your tales and ya get here just in time for my time to brag. When you start shoveling snow I start playing out side. Welcome aboard.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
How true...how true - but then again I play in the snow. I even camp in the stuff. Thank you for your warm Louisiana welcome. The site is extensive and I'm taking my time exploring every section. Camping is the name of the game for me and there is nothing more satisfying than canoeing to an isolated spot on the lake and setting up home.

Grandpa

Welcome Northern Dancer. Pull a log up to the fire sit a spell. Always good to hear others experiences so you'll find an attentive ear here.

Northern Dancer

Welcome Northern Dancer. Pull a log up to the fire sit a spell. Always good to hear others experiences so you'll find an attentive ear here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------->
Thank you - thank you very much. I was fortunate to sit around many fires this season and take in all the wonders of the things I enjoy most. ...even had a black bear visit for a moment or two before he hightailed it off into the bush. I like your stuff Grandpa (or at least as much as I have read so far).

Northern Dancer

ND are you a paddlehead? I am always looking for one of those to talk with and horse people.
---------------------------------------------> :Smile2:
I have to disappoint you on both - unless I misunderstand the term. I'm very definitely a canoe person though I have tried just about everything. I've done some kayaking and standing up paddle boarding - I never figured that one out.

But the canoe is where the heart is.

Cappy

Canoe is where my heart is but my lower back and right shoulder are in favor of my aluminum bass boat rig.:fishing:

Northern Dancer

ND are you a paddlehead? I am always looking for one of those to talk with and horse people.
---------------------------------------------> :Smile2:
I have to disappoint you on both - unless I misunderstand the term. I'm very definitely a canoe person though I have tried just about everything. I've done some kayaking and standing up paddle boarding - I never figured that one out.

But the canoe is where the heart is.

Canoe is where my heart is but my lower back and right shoulder are in favor of my aluminum bass boat rig.:fishing:
-------------------------------------------> :)
And that's just fine - the fact that you are out on the water is the real issue.

Cappy

Yadont get a nick name like Cappy with out spending ya time on the water. I loved the bayou country so much Many years ago I walked out of a office and onto the deck of a boat and never looked back with no regrets. heck since being in a boat is what I truly love I decided to chunk the rat race and do it for a living.

Northern Dancer

...Hi "JC" - as one Newbie to another welcome. :) This is an interesting site with several threads in each section - something for just about everyone who is interested in the great outdoors. For me of course it's all about camping in all kinds of weather - four season. I've learned skills over the years that have enhanced my abilities and made my excursions fabulous. I thought every one knew this stuff - apparently not.

So what excites you about the outdoors?

MacDonald Lake Camp Site skies an hour after a fierce thunderstorm.

Glad you joined us - looking forward to seeing you on line.

Northern Dancer

Yadont get a nick name like Cappy with out spending ya time on the water. I loved the bayou country so much Many years ago I walked out of a office and onto the deck of a boat and never looked back with no regrets. heck since being in a boat is what I truly love I decided to chunk the rat race and do it for a living.
------------------------------------------- > :)
I was re-reading this Cappy and recalled the time I sat down by Tea Lake and debated for hours with myself about leaving the humdrum of this complicated world. I managed to compromise and kept what I thought was the best of what I had and dumped the rest. Like you I didn't regret my decision. I adopted a life style that embraced simple living with a greater emphasis on relationships. Like they say - I'm a happy camper!