Hello my name is...

jason

fear no beer
Well you guessed it Jason. I'm the new owner of OutdoorBasecamp.com and I figured I should at least introduce myself.

I grew up in Long Island for the most part. I know what you are thinking 'city boy' but in reality where I grew up it was a bunch of farms and woods. Enough that I'm told at the age of two I ran away and went down a few miles down a fire truck path. I guess I just loved being outdoors at an early age.

I moved to Florida in 1992 at the age of 13 or so. Sadly the area is more populated then I would like. So camping, hiking and trail riding didn't happen often, in fact it wasn't until Christmas in 2008 that I got my first mountain bike since the age of 16'ish. However, the fishing is better here.

I've never been hunting, but would give it a shot. :tinysmile_twink_t: I would not mind learning how to scuba. I would not consider myself an expert by any means, but I enjoy watching shows like survivor man.

I guess that is about it. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning from you.

HereToday

Fishing?

Jason, what varieties of fish do you have the best luck catching there? Do you mostly enjoy sittin-on-the-bank fishing or have you got your own fishing boat that you take out?

jason

fear no beer
Jason, what varieties of fish do you have the best luck catching there? Do you mostly enjoy sittin-on-the-bank fishing or have you got your own fishing boat that you take out?
No boat. I did have a canoe many years ago, and I'm going to be shopping for a kayak this summer hopefully.

I've mostly caught snook. A few sheepshead here and there too. I've gone spear fishing for stingrays too. The little lake behind my parents house have some huge carp, but that is strictly catch and release.