Hey folks

DecafCharlie

New guy here. I love to go camping with the wife and kids some times but haven't done any recently because of the lockdown situation. I enjoy playing few outdoor sports too. Hoping to meet some like-minded people here!

Roybrew

Welcome Decaf. I've taken one of my daughters camping a couple of times. We just haven't done it enough. My other daughter had no interest in it. My wife doesn't get it. I've been wanting to take my wife some time, but things keep getting in the way. This virus has sure put alot of things on hold for right now.

What area you from? There be some great people on here from all over.

DecafCharlie

Thank you Grandpa and Roy, nice to meet you both!
Yeah the virus has disrupted a lot of my camping activites too. My wife is quite like me when it comes to camping but mostly just loves to hike. I am with you there bud, my son has no interest in camping either haha. I am from down under, how about you?

Grandpa

All my family likes camping. But it thins down a lot when it comes to backpacking. Layer this month we are having a 4 generation backpacking trip into the High Uinta wilderness in Utah. There will be three greats along as well as three grands plus one spouse and one daughter and son in law.

Grandma and I were married 50 years ago this week. Our honeymoon was a week in the Sawtooth wilderness and what is now the Frank Church wilderness. We've been back many times since. The backpacking has slowed way down the last couple of years but we still get a lot of car camping in.

Roybrew

Happy Anniversary to Grandpa and Grandma! 50th excellent!

Whoa down under? Australia? That's a huge place. Any local pictures of parks and stuff would be great. I love seeing other places.

ppine

Forester
grandpa,
My grand father always told me the first 50 years are the hardest. My parents celebrated their 70th Anniversary in 2004.

Happy Anniversary to you and grandma.

Grandpa

Ours first 50 years weren't bad. The first few dates I taught her to shoot and took her deer hunting. She is very good both with long guns and pistols. A fact I often remembered whenever the possibility of an argument might as arise. Therefore, i saw to it we didnt argue much.

Grandpa

Sorry decaf Charlie, it seems I hijacked your introduction for which I'm sorry. I am anxious to here about your down under tales. Please share your experiences.