Internet contests

Grandpa

Wow, was notified today by Teton Sports that I won their 3rd day of Christmas drawing and will receive an xxl 0 degree sleeping bag. Grandma is sure happy. She figures that bag is just right for her big Alps camping cot. Oh well, easy come easy go.:Angel:

Does anyone else ever win any of those drawings? I'm sure not kicking about winning the bag but was kind of hoping to win that Barrett rifle.

Teton Sports makes good stuff. I carried one of their day packs on the Kilimanjaro climb and it served me well.

Bojib

I won a big agnes insulated inflatable sleeping pad from an internet contest once. Thought that was pretty neat. I won a crow call once too, in the early days of my internet experience.

dinosaur

troublemaker
Jason, it seems has officially passed on Osama"s millions. Cappy may be getting 5,000 a week for life. I doubt it too and what would you do with it anyway?
About a year ago I came into a tidy little sum. It was five figures so don't get crazy. I gave every penny of it away to folks who needed it. Don't worry, I didn't make them think I was giving it to them. They still owe me but I'll probably never see it and that's okay too.
Money is just not that big a deal unless you don't have any. I still believe in earning it yourself but sometimes that's not the easiest thing to do.
I don't blame congress for it even though they do seem to worship the dollar. And I don't blame the president for our woes even though I'm not too clear on Obama.

Grandpa

Well, luck seems to be following me. Winning the Teton Sports sleeping bag in December, then a cute little expandable fishing rod with a cute little reel that will be just perfect for backpacking into those alpine lakes. And today, Schrade announced me as a winner of a new knife. SCHR 9. As soon as it gets here, I'll give her a try and let you know what I think. But being a Schrade, I'm sure it will be good.

dinosaur

troublemaker
God bless ya, Grandpa. I have a small Schrade lockback a buddy gave me about a year ago. I carry it with me and it has come in handy a few times. It's my fourth knife for every day carry. I have a very nasty looking stiletto with a six inch blade, the Schrade, a Swiss Army Knife, and a little one inch bladed lockback I've had for twenty years that is amazingly useful for the oddest little jobs.

Keep winning stuff. It even makes me feel better.