Myrtle Beach

askgrandma

I'm thinking about taking my grandkids to Myrtle Beach in August for a few days. They enjoy fishing and I wanted to know if there might be somewhere down there where we can go fishing. I haven't been there in many, many years.

fiddleman

The last time I was there was in 2002 and my back was giving me fits. I was so doped up on pain killers I don't remember any of the trip. My wife and daughter still laugh at me about that because they'll mention something and I have no memory of it every happening.

Is there a tourist center down there where you can find out information on fishing?

calanta

This is just from a quick search but you can tell many people still fish in these parts. Its been sometime since we have headed to MB but Aug. is a good time to go. Last time we went in June or July and the humidity was just too much.

A. Pier 14 Fishing Pier - Pier 14 :: Ocean front dining Myrtle Beach, SC - (843) 448-6500 - 28 reviews

B. captcush fishing charters - captcush.com - (843) 997-5850 - More

C. Myrtle Beach Fishing Charters - www.myrtlebeachfishingcharters.net - (843) 685-2737 - More

D. City Bait & Tackle - maps.google.com - (843) 448-2543 - More

E. North Myrtle Beach Fishing Fleet, Inc - www.nmbfishingfleet.com - (843) 280-5800 - More

F. Calabash Fishing Fleet - www.townofcalabashnc.com - (843) 626-9090 - More

G. Affordable Fishing Charters - fishnorthmyrtlebeach.com - (843) 333-3920 - More

H. Bass Pro Shops Myrtle Beach, SC - Bass Pro Shops Outdoors Online: Offering the best in Fishing, Hunting and Outdoor Products - (843) 361-4800 - 2 reviews

I. Myrtle Beach Fishing Charters - Sea Note Sport Fishing Charters - Sport Sea Fishing in South Carolina - Myrtle Beach - Murrells Inlet Mahi, Mackerel, Black Bass, Shark, Grouper, Snapper and More - (843) 293-1382 - More

J. Myrtle Beach State Park - Myrtle Beach State Park, South Carolina - (843) 238-0874 - 15 reviews

Link

greengrass

I've only been to Myrtle Beach once before and I don't remember any specific fishing areas but then it's been many years. I didn't realize there was a Bass Pro down there now. I'll have to keep that in mind if we ever go there.

askgrandma

Thanks for the information. I will see what I can find out from the links you've provided. We found a great condo to stay in at a great rate. The kids are very excited, as am I. I think we will most definitely visit the Bass Pro Shop. They've never been to one.

Smokeybear

Just wondering how your trip was askgrandma? My family and I looked into Myrtle Beach this summer as well, but I decided it was just to much for this year. Hopefully another time, it looked like it would be a great place to visit.

2beoutdoors

Myrtle beach is one of my favorite places to visit, off-season of course. I love the beach, not much of a fisher there though.
How was the trip? I bet the grnadkids loved it.

askgrandma

We got back on Friday and had a great trip. I did all of this research on finding somewhere to take them fishing and then we never had the time to go! We stayed on the beach and in the pool the whole time. The kids had a blast.

outdoorgirl

I love Mrytle Beach. It is so relaxing there. I love the camp grounds that are right on the Ocean. It's different to be able to camp on sand. :)