Naked and Afraid

little billy

I dont have the restraint to be on that show, I'd be like, "So babe, come here often?" I think I could handle the pressures of what they go through, and hell it may be fun. I've seen cast away a few times, lol

Cappy

So outa boredom I watched a after season best of show 'bout nekked and afeared.:tinysmile_tongue_t: Low and behold they had show filmed in my Beloved Swamp of Louisiana. I aint seen it but danged, I been there done dat. Been neked alone in the swamp with a gal and very afraid. Very afraid her papa would find us:tinysmile_fatgrin_t:tinysmile_tongue_t: :tinysmile_twink_t:

AK Hunter

I don't have cable so I've never seen it. I was wondering where they were filming this, a nudest camp or something, but cappy says it is in a swamp in Louisiana. I'm not sure but I wouldn't want to be naked in a swamp anywhere. Do they have to stay naked or can they make a grass skirt or something like that for clothes? Even in Louisiana it gets chilly at night do they have any shelter?
I guess it is one of those shows that shows us that if we use our brains you really can make it on your own. I would rather do it than see it, everyone has gotten lazy these days.

oldsarge

I don't have cable so I've never seen it. I was wondering where they were filming this, a nudest camp or something, but cappy says it is in a swamp in Louisiana. I'm not sure but I wouldn't want to be naked in a swamp anywhere. Do they have to stay naked or can they make a grass skirt or something like that for clothes? Even in Louisiana it gets chilly at night do they have any shelter?
I guess it is one of those shows that shows us that if we use our brains you really can make it on your own. I would rather do it than see it, everyone has gotten lazy these days.
They start out naked and can do what ever it takes to last 21 days. Some of the shows will show them wearing bits and pieces of what ever to get by. I really like the show. I've been to several survival course while in the Army. I always had some equipment of one type or another. I could only imagine how hard it would be to have no clothing. After spending over 5 years teaching the military in Panama, I know what it's like having bugs chew you constantly. Being naked has got to be total hell. I'd love to spend 21 days doing what their doing. Just for shits and grins, but I'm not going on TV and I'm not giving up my clothes.

ppine

Forester
We have talked about nudity in the outdoors before. By some of the comments above, I get the idea that some people here struggle with it. There is nothing sexy about being cold, dirty, and hungry. People usually make some clothing for modesty and protection. They are each allowed to bring one item with them. Common selected items are a machete, firesteel, or a container to boil water.

ppine

Forester
Last night's show was filmed in the Peruvian Amazon. The first pair camped near the water and were eaten alive by insects. They lasted 4 days. Then the A team came in. People that had already made it 21 days somewhere else. They moved camp until they got away from the bugs. They built fires. They built a large A frame shelter on an elevated platform. They killed a large eel. Then a great raft. Jaguars screaming at night. Near the end, one night was solid rain and a temperature in the 40s. The guy was spent by the end, while the small wiry lady paddled hard to safety.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

I saw a tiny part of it last evening while doing my evening surfing on the tube. I got on just as...or just after...the guy killed an eel for their meal.

The girl seemed...and admitted that she was..extremely distressed over the way the guy killed the eel (as in showed no 'respect' to the animal over killing it?).

Then the guy...apparently out of earshot of the girl...told the camera that he was sorry for distressing the girl over the eel...!!

My thoughts about that snippet? 1) The girl had no business ranting about the way the guy was able to supply them with a meal. 2) The way guy acted like a wuss after the fact...!!

oldsarge

Last nights episode was one of my favorites. Laura Zera showed clearly she has what it takes to handling herself. Clearly knowledgeable and has the right attitude. One tough girl!
EJ dug deep and worked his ass off. This was a great team from the start. On the after show (Naked after dark), both were asked if they would do it again. They both replied "yes". I bet we see them again.

ppine

Forester
Sarge,
Many people dismiss this show. The Naked after Dark business is a bit much, but 21 days in tough country really allows some people to show their stuff or cave in. It is a lot harder than it looks. They carefully screen people before putting them out there. Lots of survival instructors do not last a week or are carried by someone else. Laura and EJ had good skills and extreme mental toughness.

The supposed controversy about respect for animals was a small thing. Food was such a big deal to them that it generated emotional responses. Non-hunters have a lot of trouble with killing critters for food even if they are starving. This show does what no other one does. It shows what happens when people are out of food and have no gas in the tank. It is a form of suffering and makes doing any form of physical work a real challenge. There is a window of about 10-14 days when people need to secure food or watch their chances rapidly decline. The window closes quickly. I am tired of hearing people that have never missed more than one meal at a time in their lives, declare "I am not worried about food in a survival situation." Nonsense. Be worried about it.