Nature Trip

CaverGroupie

I had a wonderful wildlife experience this week.
I didn't go far, in fact I just went out to my own back yard. I spend a lot more time out there now that the puppy drags me out.
While we were sitting quietly and enjoying the evening breeze, something caught puppy's eye in a tree about 20 feet from us. I saw two squirrels chasing each other around the truck of the tree, not 3 feet off the ground. Luckily, she didn't immediately jump up and go crazy barking.
I saw them too, and gently put my hand on her head and told her to be calm, be calm.
Then as they chased each other around and a little higher, they were joined by two other squirrels. The four of them just frolicked and ran and climbed all together. It was wonderful to get to see. And the puppy remained spell-bound until they got up much higher in the branches and we could really see them.
Once she jumped up and barked, of course, they just disappeared into thin air. But I think she was just trying to get them to come back!

Grandpa

A wonderful experience, wasn't it? It amazes me how many people fail to see the beauty around them. Congratulations for your awareness and for your ability to enjoy.

wvbreamfisherman

Went to let my brother's dog out yesterday morning about 6:30. There were two deer in his backyard. Funny as heck watching a 90lb yellow Lab trying to sneak up on a couple of deer.

They teased him until he was just about ready to start running, and then they took off and vanished in the woods in about two seconds.

Reed

Just goes to show that you can have a pleasant experience outdoors, and it doesn't matter where you go. All you have to do is be aware of the nature around you.

bsmit212

Went out to play disc golf yesterday and saw three small bucks on the course. Had to hold the dogs back big time, haha. And it was only the second hold. What a way to start of the game.

ppine

Forester
Around here there are quail, cottontails, jack rabbits and scrub jays that are like pets. Lots of doves, red-tail hawks, and prairie falcons in the yard.

shenmengxing

I suggest you can also take a trip to the United States next year some of the big cities, such as New York, Chicago, etc. On to New York City landmarks - scanned the observation deck of the Empire State Building, enjoy the panoramic view and the New York central park. Take a tour around the island to cruise the Hudson River, and the statue of liberty, and the brooklyn bridge photography as a souvenir. To spend $120 million to refit open national historical relics - the aircraft carrier fearless, and visit the Concorde supersonic airliners and all kinds of aircraft. Walk the world finance, Wall Street securities trading center, trinity church, symbol of the bull market bull sculpture and the New York stock exchange. Visit the metropolitan museum of art, times square, madame tussauds group photo with President barack Obama. Way to fifth avenue, Rockefeller center, the United Nations headquarters, the site... Visit the national birthplace of Philadelphia, stroll in the park independently, in imagination to feel the physical sensations in the read out the declaration of independence in 1776. And the statue of Washington, the old Capitol building and independence palace to pose for photos, visit the liberty bell or free activities. Lake Washington, d.c., to visit the Lincoln memorial and reflection, the Vietnam veterans memorial, Korean war memorial, understand the greatness of the human conquest of space in the aerospace museum history and vision of the future. And with the United States presidential palace - the White House and the highest authority - the Capitol pose respectively, cruise along the Potomac river and too tawau get a good view of the capital. Via President Thomas Jefferson memorial, ji memorial in Washington, world war ii memorial, etc. To the headquarters of the world top 500 enterprises - corning glass center, visit the museum of the world's largest collection of glass, appreciate the scene production performance glass technology. After lunch, visit Niagara Falls, falls national park, overlooking "the American falls", "horseshoe falls," and "bridal veil falls. The water moving, thunderous, experience the pound of the vehemence of the century, especially such as energizes. Girl on the famous "fog" ship (closed) in winter on the heaving waterfall, spray assailed, stimulate the nervous, more add a shock. Back to the visitor center to watch the Imax film, the investment of 1, five million films to you described the Niagara colorful legend. You that you can see a great NBA basketball games, you can also buy a shirt at the NBA store www.welovenike.com cheer for your favorite team,

Grandpa

Sounds like you had a great trip shenmengxing. Welcome to the OBC forums. Now tell us a little about yourself?