New guy looking for new tent

little billy

Hey everyone, My name is Bill, Im 38 with wife and 6 kids ages 18 to 1. Im from Coon Rapids MN. With intros out of the way, Im having a miserable time trying to find the perfect tent. here is what I want, Its mostly for me the wife and the baby.

Cabin style tent- bigger the better as I only drive in and to campgrounds 10x16 minimum
prefer poly just for maintenance ease but not totally opposed to canvas
3 season
openings for electrical cords
heavier material
bath tub style floor- with good thick material
good zippers
prefer steel poles but fiberglass will do too
good ventilation
somewhat easy to set up.
vestibule either with or able to attach
I need tall center height, I AM 6-6

I do not care what brand it is, and Im looking at it as a lifetime purchase so price really isnt a complete concern-just have to get past the wife with it.

thanks in advance with any advice you have :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Last edited:

Pathfinder1

Hi, little billy...you're looking fine today. Welcome aboard.

Regarding the tent...it might not be easy to meet your requirements.

I would try looking on-line...such as 'The Sportsman's Guide', for example. They have a variety of wall tents listed on occasion.

Some outdoor magazines also have ads for tent makers, specialty tents, etc.

Hikenhunter

Hello little billy and welcome to OBC. Check out Cabelas.com They have a decent selection of big cabin tents on their website. The Slumberjack Grand Lodge looks like it might meet your requirements, but they have quite a few more that may be appealing to you as well.

bsmit212

Welcom to OBC. You probably have but I would check out your local Dick's or check them out online. They have a large selection of family tents for good prices

shaun

You should be able to find a tent which suits you if you shop around. There are lots of good camping and tent stores online. Price is not a concern for you so you shouldn't have a problem meeting your requirements. You could try sending this information to the stores and see what they recommend.

Judy Ann

Goodness, that's a lot of people under one tent. Something to consider that you probably already have is will that tent fit on your parks tent pads and does everyone have enough elbow room? My 6 person cabin tent only holds 3 single air mattresses and gear. I take a tape measure out when considering room in any tent that I am considering for a purchase.

Have fun!