Northern Wisconsin, Namecogan River

CaverGroupie

This was not my first visit up here, but I am awed every time. It's just beautiful and green and this time we had perfect weather. It was perfect weather every day—warm enough that getting dumped out of a canoe wasn't a tragedy, but not so hot and muggy as to be unpleasant. We had almost no rain for the entire trip. There were a few sprinkles one afternoon that cooled the day back down from getting too hot. And today all the way home it's been raining on us, but who cares about the driving home part.
I'm trying to upload pictures. I'm in a hotel on very slow internet though, so the pictures may have to wait until tomorrow.

cabinfever

Can't wait to see the pictures. I have some friends who live in northern Wisconsin, but I haven't had the chance to visit the area yet. We've been talking it about it for several years, but they always end up coming here as they have family nearby.

CaverGroupie

Finally! I got the pictures to load. I had to make them all smaller. I think they are still pretty pictures, though. You can't really see the people's faces in them, but it's the scenery that is important, anyway.
They are in the album, Northern Wisconsin and the Namekagon
Enjoy!

JimW67

I am a Wisconsinite and I have been on the Namecogan River. Yes, it truly is beautiful and what I like to call "God's Country"! You can also do some great fishing on that river.

ppine

Forester
The Northwoods are a wonderful place to visit. I have fond memories of the BWCA on the border with Ontario back in 1985. I would travel a long way to hear the loons, cook with a fire, and catch some wallyeres, small mouths, and Northerns. It is a canoeists paradise, and in those days we drank out of the lakes.

While traveling you could get a drink Voyageur style. Throw your paddle vertically in the water and catch it when it comes back up. Hold it over your head and catch the dribble of water off the bottom in your mouth.

Woodland

Finally! I got the pictures to load. I had to make them all smaller. I think they are still pretty pictures, though. You can't really see the people's faces in them, but it's the scenery that is important, anyway.
Enjoy!
Thanks for posting the pictures CaverGroupie. That area looks beautiful and peaceful. I like the picture of the lake with the bridge over it. Very picturesque scene. I'm glad the weather was good for you.