Orange Brownies

OutdoorMomma

I found another campfire treat that I need to try next time we go camping. Orange brownies! Take an orange, and cut about half an inch off the top, keep the top. Take a spoon and scrape out the insides, then fill the orange with brownie mix. Put the top back on the brownie and completely cover the orange in foil. Then let the orange cook in the coals for about 20 minutes or until the brownie is done. Enjoy the brownie.

Pathfinder1

OutdoorMomma;

I found another campfire treat that I need to try next time we go camping. Orange brownies! Take an orange, and cut about half an inch off the top, keep the top. Take a spoon and scrape out the insides, then fill the orange with brownie mix. Put the top back on the brownie and completely cover the orange in foil. Then let the orange cook in the coals for about 20 minutes or until the brownie is done. Enjoy the brownie.

Hi...

I've heard of that before. A very interesting idea. I wonder if some of the 'orange' taste could also be introduced into the brownies...orange juice or zest?

Orange flavored chocolate is one of my all-time favorite evils...!!

Cappy

At the risk of sounding snooty, I don't like fruit in my chocolate or beer for that matter.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t but since I have a yard full of citrus and a wife who does, guess I'll tell her about it. Course knowing her she would wanna do half a dozen or so and stack em in the dutch oven:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

TakeAHike

It seems like a waste of a perfectly good orange to me. I am not really a fan of fruit in my chocolate either. About the only ones I do like in there is raisins and cherries.

campclose

Ha ha snooty! I think this sounds really good. I love oranges and I love chocolate. I could see how this would be pretty good. I wouldn't want beer in my chocolate though. That just sounds nasty!

Greatoutdoors

I don't really care for fruit in my chocolate either, but I might be willing to give this one a try because my hubby does kind of like fruit with his chocolate. :)