Packing for Trip

Roybrew

Spent a few hours today packing my fishing and camping stuff. Fishing stuff isn't to awful bad to decide what to take, but the camping stuff is a whole different story. Going to be close to freezing at night. Slight chance of rain, they keep changing forecast, so rain gear will be packed.

Going to be colder then when I went last month. Last month I slept on my insulated pad and used a blanket. No fly on the tent was sure nice. I think I only took a light jacket for the cool mornings.

Going to be cold at night now, so this involves a little more gear. I guess I'll have to give in and print out a paper list so I don't forget anything. Forgot my sleeping bag once, that sucked.IMG_20211030_163236685~2.jpgIMG_20211030_163319676~2.jpg I like the hard rolls of paper towels. The rolls can be sawed down to fit into a 1 gallon bag.

Roybrew

The weather forecast keeps changing, for Wednesday and Thursday, evey day.Screenshot_20211031-202133.jpg one thing for certain is, it's going to be a little cool at night. I hope the fish are biting.[emoji225]

ppine

Forester
I really like the shoulder seasons for camping. The weather keeps the families and rookies away, also, bugs, the heat and the smoke.
I am going out week after next. A good fire is a requirement. For truck camping I bring two sleeping bags and a blanket or two to get the right combination. Lately I have been sleeping in the back of my truck with a canopy on it. Good in the wind or rain and snow.

Packing somehow has gotten more difficult. It is easy to over think what to bring especially for challenging weather. Mostly I just "throw some stuff in the truck and go." It does not bother me to forget things. I do not make lists except for remote trips around a week or so when the consequences of forgetting important things is much higher.

Roybrew

We are boating in our stuff to the island side. Not a soul on this lake this evening. Got a late start this morning. Had the tent setup by 4pm.IMG_20211103_164700031~2.jpg low 40s and overcast. I hate when they drop the lakes for the winter draw down. IMG_20211103_152040478~2.jpgIMG_20211103_152408165~2.jpg little further to carry things.IMG_20211103_171452379~2.jpg got the little Mr heater to warm the tent in the morning, so we can get dressed comfortably. Temp getting down to upper 20s tonight. We have our insulated pads on top of our cots and a wool blanket draped over that. Our 0 degree bags are very warm. In fact I'm going to have to get my insulated socks off, my feet are hot. My fur hat is what I wear at night. I sleep well with it on.

The sky cleared after sunset and the stars are allot brighter here then at home. We listened to the coyotes hollowing in the distance while eating potatoes and sausages. Supposed to be sunny and 51 tomorrow. Maybe good fishing.

Yes Pine I stressed over bringing to much, but I think it's working fine. I brought good cold weather sleeping and clothing, but I want to be comfortable and have a good time. I have no regrets. Good night all.